Sign in to follow this  
looksha

737 power issue

Hi Guys,  I'm having trouble the PMDG 737-700 not developing power. I'm pretty sure it is an incorrect setting. it is configured light on fuel...light on payload...and not using a reduced power take-off. Yet it only climbs to about 6000ft ASL (much higher altitude selected on MCP, and no RNAV crossing restrictions) and doesn't accelerate past the flaps up maneuvering speed (bug speed higher). Auto-throttle is armed, and I've tried with and without use of TOGA. I stumbled across a service pack (#1) and it said it fixed an issue with the IAS when TOGA was used...I've downloaded it, and plan to install it tomorrow, but it doesn't seem to address my specific issue. And maybe "not developing power" isn't correct as the engine gauges show that the power is being generated, and I guess I should mention that the aircraft is gear and flaps up... Any thoughts? 

Could it be a weather engine issue? Incorrect high temps can cause problems.

Matt Cee

You said RNAV crossing, but this really does sound like a SID constraint;   can you confirm from your LEGS page that there definitely isn't an altitude constraint in there........... the other reason for suspecting this is because 6,000 is a common altitude restriction used, when departing airports that are close to other airports.............. Eg. Almost all airliners that leave London Heathrow have to fly at 6,000 until they have cleared the Heathrow/Gatwick/Standsted/City combined zone.

Simplified ....... 6,000 = not low enough to affect aircraft on approach, not high enough to affect transitioning or holding aircraft.

It doesn't appear to be a SID restraint (SID in use would be 7000.. But I removed the constrain). That and it doesn't level right at 6000... And the speed remains low and doesn't increase at all once level. The WX engine...maybe... I use REX, but I wouldn't know where to check the temp. Any other suggestions? I'll have a look at REX when I get home.

but I wouldn't know where to check the temp.

You can check the SAT on page 2/4 after pressing the PROG key on the CDU.

Please use your full name on posts per forum rules.

Ok, had a look... Weather engine seems fine... Checked prog pg 2 and the SAT was 4* at 6000'. The "altitude" doesn't seem to be the issue... It seems like the engines are under powered

Checked prog pg 2 and the SAT was 4* at 6000'.

I don't know where you are flying so I don't have an idea as to what the weather is but on a standard day at 0 altitude and temerature of 15C and altimter of 29.92 or 1013 the temerature would be +3.1C at 6000 feet. So the temperature does not seem out of the ordinary.

Come on and sign your posts per forum rules.

Michael Cubine

A screenshot will do much good in such a case.

Also make sure to try if this will work - push LVL CHG button and N1 button and select 220ish in the speed window, see what happens.

Are you using FSUIPC? Is your attitude kind of strange, like a couple degrees nose-down? Does the aircraft accelerate once you retract the flaps? If you answer any or all of those questions with "yes", try deleting the FSUIPC.ini. Make a backup copy before, if you like. Sometimes FSUIPC seems to mess things up...

Oliver Branaschky

hope this is not a too simple response but have you tried switching a/t off and manually advancing throttles to full? would have thought this should be tried before seeing if the a/p is restricting it?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK