Sign in to follow this  
WR269

QW 787 Update

The good folks at QW have out an update on their page. The screenshot of the cockpit is quite good.

From their page:

787 Update

The full focus of the entire development team is on finally once again on the 787, after having to use the majority of our resources on the Ultimate 146...all the time trying to manage some real-life situations that we all have to deal with.

It's been a challenge trying to figure out a way to manage the complex Load Shedding systems on this very power hungry aircraft WITHOUT oversimplification. The Ultimate 146 is a good baseline for the complexity that we try to maintain with subsequent releases...although we are admittedly reaching a little higher on this release. What that means exactly will be revealed at a later date.

For those users who gravitate towards QualityWings because of the ease in which it is to operate our airplanes...fear not. The 787 in many ways makes things easier for you (The pilot) anyway! Electronic Checklist Guide you through many tasks, and through some emergencies ;-) It's just the more experienced we get, the more the creative juices start flowing within the Development team. We HOPE you'll be happy without being overwhelmed.

These questions have been asked often, so here is what we can share about the product:

Both 787-8 and -9 will be included. The -10 likely won't be included in an initial release, as we likely won't have enough details to accurately model it.

With the exception of less than 10 switches in the flightdeck, all switches, buttons, handles will have interface

Again, we'll share more WHEN WE HAVE SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT to share. The bottom line is that we're progressing, we are actively working on it and our target is sometime in 2014 (To be determined - I should know better than by now). If you write that last part down, we STRONGLY suggest that you use a pencil. Our previous target said that you should be buying the 787 before years end. Things happen.

We are genuinely excited that you may be excited, but we will not entertain any questions about release dates and product features until they have been released.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Thanks for this HU, this sounds really great! Looking forward to this bird.

Great news and thanks for the update; love that feeling of something new to look forward to

Great news, but I'm still disappointed at them talking about in their forums to release a freighter with the last Avro model updates and now acting like they never once claimed to do it. Classless.

Yes it does look beautiful, but I will have 2nd thoughts about purchasing it, since their last product avro and Bae, 3rd edition of that release, took a long time to come out.  Why can't other developers be like PMDG, and come out with products when they are ready to come out, and not in different stages.

Definitely if they have their act together, it should be a welcomed aircraft to fsx.

Why can't other developers be like PMDG, and come out with products when they are ready to come out, and not in different stages.

Because not every developer is PMDG, who obviously aren't only really skilled software developers, but also a skin thick enough to ignore all those impatient people who seem to have an "I want it all, I want it now" attitude and who force developers to rush releases (although I have to admit that the Avro RJ alone was great, and as far as I remember it was a complete and rather bug-free release, unlike other "prematurely released" products). I agree, though, QW took extremely long (I am inclined to say too long here, but knowing that I have no idea what developing an addon actually means I guess that might be quite unfair), but I believe that this is also due to the fact that they wanted to also make the FS9 users happy - which, while IMHO it is a nice gesture, has most likely slowed things down very much.

Anyway, if this 787 is as good as the Avro RJ (I actually never used the 146 yet!), I will buy it.

Great news, but I'm still disappointed at them talking about in their forums to release a freighter with the last Avro model updates and now acting like they never once claimed to do it. Classless.

Can't seem to find any evidence of this.

"Classless" - a bit harsh...

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

I don't know where you got the idea that they claimed to do it in the first place. They said it was a possibility, they never explicitly said they were doing it for sure. And I quote from their forums:

January 15th, 2013

...but one question in the near future will up be doing the cargo variants for the BAe146

We have some ideas in that area, it would be a time permitting type of thing, so its nothing we could commit to right now considering what is currently on our plates.

February 4th, 2013

We don't rule them out for a later expansion but that will surely not be free of charge as this 

product is already one of the best bargains you will find in FS.

Do tell me where ANY of that meant they were going to release a freighter for sure.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Here's hoping SP3 for the 757 doesn't fall entirely through the cracks.

Less than 10 switches not working?Aerosim will be crying because they will no longer have clients.

Will there be like a beta release?Please include the EFB.Make it like the x-plane 777 worldliner.