Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Paris Vfr

Hi, does anyone know if there is a certain priority for the Paris Vfr packs in the scenery library to appear? I have the Paris City Pack, Base Pack and the VFR Pack. I have Win 7 64 bit, installed everything with admin rights, UT Europe, Aerosoft LFPG and Aerosoft LFPO.

About 10 months ago I upgraded machines. I was running XP 32 bit with 3 GB of RAM. I could get the jaw dropping auto gen with the scenery, but now I do not get it on the new install. I have manually updated the entries is the scenery.cfg to point to the correct locations.

I started to play with the priority in which the scenery appears in the library, hierarchy for a lack of a better term. I would move the base sc folder and base lc folder, moving city folder and vfr folder. I know with some sceneries, certain folders need to have a higher/ lower priority than the others. Does anyone know if a priority is indeed the case with Paris VFR?

I thought I would try here first before attempting my rusty French on the support forum there.

Thanks in advance.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

I have had to uninstall FS9 so I don't have the scenery.cfg file to refer to. But I do recall that I had to juggle scenery priorities to get it all working right - including a problem I had with Aerosoft LFPG clashing with Paris VFR. If nobody else can answer your question, I do have stuff backed up on an external hard drive that is currently in storage. If you need it, I'll crank it up and give you the entries...

Thanks, Ian. I tried it all. Literally, I even went to my old computer and tried to find the old config file. No avail. I uninstalled all, everything. And re-installed it. Maybe you can send what ever you can. Spent the day with my old regiment, so I could not reply sooner. Thanks.

I have had to uninstall FS9

What is this Ian?  After spending so much time re-installing FS9 earlier this year too!  Tell me you haven't gone to the dark side ... please, mate.   :wacko:

For FSX: The order as they appear in my scenery.cfg:

Paris VFR pack (FlightParis VFRPack) (Above)

Paris City pack (FlightParis CityPack)

Paris Scenery (FlightParisBP_SC)

Paris Landclass (FlightParisBP_LC) (Below)

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

What is this Ian?  After spending so much time re-installing FS9 earlier this year too!  Tell me you haven't gone to the dark side ... please, mate.   :wacko:

No my friend, I haven't jumped ship, though I may jump off a very tall building soon if I can't fix my problem. See the thread "FS9 starts on the second try" for the sad story. Right now I am flight simulator deprived and it's aging me visibly by the hour! :wacko:

I am flight simulator deprived

Really sorry to learn that Ian. :mad:  Hope you solve it right quick.

I am presently reinstalling too ... to take advantage of my Haswell chip and Win7/64. You will be amused for today I finally purchased FlyTampa's Montreal which you had recommended to me (and others) many months ago.

Speaking of months it will probably take several to finish my installation and then learn how to properly operate PFPX !

Very best of luck.

Concerning Paris VFR

for FS9 (noFSX !) the Priority scenery order is:

1)  Paris...any airport  expl. Paris CDG (LFPG)

2)  FlightParis BasePack (BP_SC)

3)  FlightParis CityPack

4)  FlightParis VFRPack

5)  FlightParis BasePack (BP_LC)

For me it works perfectly:
Jean

Here's the sequence that works for me in FS9

Area.369]
Title=FlightParis BasePack
Layer=369
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=D:\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\FlightParisBP_SC
Remote=

[Area.370]
Title=FlightParis CityPack
Layer=370
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=D:\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\FlightParis CityPack
Remote=

[Area.371]
Title=FlightParis VFRPack
Layer=371
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=D:\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\FlightParis VFRPack
Remote=

[Area.372]
Title=Mega Airport Paris CDG
Layer=372
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Paris CDG
Remote=

Here is my scenery config...

[Area.217]
Title=Mega Airport Paris CDG
Local=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Paris CDG
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=217

[Area.218]
Title=Mega Airport Paris-Orly
Local=aerosoft\Mega Airport Paris-Orly
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=218

[Area.219]
Title=FlightParisBP_SC
Local=D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\FlightParisBP_SC
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=219

[Area.220]
Title=FlightParisBP_LC
Local=D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\FlightParisBP_LC
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=220

[Area.221]
Title=FlightParis CityPack
Local=D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\FlightParis CityPack
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=221

[Area.222]
Title=FlightParis VFRPack
Local=D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\FlightParis VFRPack
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=222

I have uploaded images (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426169-paris-vfr/), one is a capture from Sim Market and the other is from me. The images are roughly from the same area. The image from Sim Market as all the quintessential Parisian buildings (auto gen). This is exactly what I saw on my old install (Win XP 32). My Image is what I see from my current install (Win 7 64). I see all the major landmarks, that is not a problem, but the other buildings, I do not see.

I have not installed any of the UTE patches, so I do not know if that is a problem...

I am beginning to think it is a 64 bit problem...

I use Win 7 64 bit so it's not necessarily a Windows issue -- do you have any other sceneries that are comparable to Paris VFR that are\are not displaying correctly? If it's just the Paris VFR scenery then I think you still need to suspect a conflicting file somewhere. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I really doubt it's Windows 7 causing this particular issue....

Good luck mate

Ian