Sign in to follow this  
becas22

Viewpoint moves

Everytime the T7 turns, my viewpoint moves around the cockpit:

5fuDr.jpg

Only happens with the T7, possible to solve?

You're not the first one to report this, and you won't be the last one.

It's hardcoded in FSX, nothing can be done about it. Also, the effect gets much, much worse whit an airplane where the viewpoint is farther from the CoG.

I can move it manually without problem, but it is annoying to be everytime adjusting this, It doen't happen in Level-D or in the Airbus X Extended

Everytime the T7 turns, my viewpoint moves around the cockpit:

5fuDr.jpg

Only happens with the T7, possible to solve?

I thought maybe a camera addon (I use OPUS to create eyepoints) can stop this.

But no .-(

The only Thing I can suggest is TrackIR.

With trackIR you constantly move around in the Cockpit anyway so it does not matter if the FSX coding moves your eyepoint a Little additionally.

Rob Robson

I thought maybe a camera addon (I use OPUS to create eyepoints) can stop this.

But no .-(

The only Thing I can suggest is TrackIR.

With trackIR you constantly move around in the Cockpit anyway so it does not matter if the FSX coding moves your eyepoint a Little additionally.

Unfortunately getting TrackIR will not solve this as your "zero point" will simply move.

Very annoying this is, but unsolveable unfortunately..

Unfortunately getting TrackIR will not solve this as your "zero point" will simply move.

Very annoying this is, but unsolveable unfortunately..

Yes, ai know it moves. But since you are constantly looking around anyway....you automatically correct for this problem as well. No?

Rob Robson

Yes, ai know it moves. But since you are constantly looking around anyway....you automatically correct for this problem as well. No?

No, wish this would be the case..

If you would "automatically" correct for this problem you would add correctional movement to the actual view movement (in other words you'd have to lean into the opposite direction of the error).

Hope I'm explaining myself good enough.. :P

No, wish this would be the case..

If you would "automatically" correct for this problem you would add correctional movement to the actual view movement (in other words you'd have to lean into the opposite direction of the error).

Hope I'm explaining myself good enough.. :P

Yes. but only a little bit (the movement is not that much is it?).

Example:

I look straight ahead through the windscreen at the runway.

Then I look down and to the left a bit to check speed and power.

Then I look up again through my windscreen.

In the mean time my eyepoint might have shifted a little but when I look up again I would not notice this because all I do is look up so much untill I see what I want to see.

And with that I will have automatically corrected (in the same manner as when using a pan switch but without noticing I am actually doing this).

No?

Rob Robson

Yes. but only a little bit (the movement is not that much is it?).

Example:

I look straight ahead through the windscreen at the runway.

Then I look down and to the left a bit to check speed and power.

Then I look up again through my windscreen.

In the mean time my eyepoint might have shifted a little but when I look up again I would not notice this because all I do is look up so much untill I see what I want to see.

And with that I will have automatically corrected (in the same manner as when using a pan switch but without noticing I am actually doing this).

No?

Are you now talking about the (possible) small error induced by the TrackIR or by the FSX DHM?

Try this:

Setup the 777 to have engines running. Eyes front and look at your viewpoint position in the cockpit.

Now begin moving slowly and turn full left/right and you will notice your viewpoint will shift very significantly. This occurance is what's going on here.

It does, it's just less noticeable, read my first reply as to why.

Are you now talking about the (possible) small error induced by the TrackIR or by the FSX DHM?

Try this:

Setup the 777 to have engines running. Eyes front and look at your viewpoint position in the cockpit.

Now begin moving slowly and turn full left/right and you will notice your viewpoint will shift very significantly. This occurance is what's going on here.

Yes I know this is going on. And I know after experimenting with OPUS cameras that this can not be stopped by anything. Not by TrackIR either. All I am saying is that if you do have trackIR it could be less of a problem. You can look anywhere you like. The eyepoint moving can easilly be corrected by just looking at what you want to see.

I will experiment a little more with TrackIr again (have not used it much lately).

Rob Robson

Any solution for this issue?

No.

But to have less of a problem with it you can:

Link "keyboard press" to often used VC switches (heading select/Speed/Altitude/etc)

Use a second monitor and move 2D popup panels (PFD/ND/EICAS/FMC/MCP) there and they wont move.

Use track IR so you can look around easier.

Use a camera software so you can create your own viewpoint and go there quickly with the press of a button.

Rob Robson