Sign in to follow this  
calooom

Maybe There IS Potential of a 64-Bit FSX

Before I get slated for even posting what probably is an impossibility (I'm not ignorant to the fact FSX is SOLELY a 32-bit program), but this popped up on my Facebook page yesterday.

I'm by no means a software developer or have a clue how or whether this is TECHNICALLY possible, so don't shoot the messenger.

"awesome new guys !!!!!

AS you all know I sent an email to Microsoft in relation to SDK KIT . 

We have received an email in reply on my private email account .

In short the SDK is authorised , as a legal tool for the development , supplied by Microsoft / FSinsider / ACES . 

We can develop the software using the relevant tools , but under no circumstances is it to be sold. this would constitute a serious violation , of the license for the potential rewards For software we are not entitled to charge for . Despite doing the work, we do not legally own a re-sale license and it would not be given this was maid very clear . 

three tech guys who are working with me on another project , will be assisting , getting this , we will do our upmost to bring , FSX as potential 64 bit program , trial and error and lots coding. 

Here's my personal view , !!!!!!!!!! LETS DO THIS THING !!!!!!!!"

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=447127302064532&id=178280192282579FSX Performance issue's tip's & tweak's

Like I said, I don't believe this is truly possible, but I thought I'd see what you think...

So did they get access to source code or what's all this fuss about? What SDK are they talking about, the one that comes with FSX Deluxe? 

I don't think we will ever get a 64 bit FSX. 

The SDK has been a legal tool since it's release. It will do NOTHING to convert FSX from a 32 bit program to a 64 bit program. A bunch of hot air for nothing.

The SDK is not FSX source code. It's used by add-on developers. In no way could it be used to convert to 64bit FSX. Nothing but a delusional fantasy.

Stephen Munn

Well he DID say he knew nothing of computers!!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Awesome, they also have FSX supporting DX11:

I do not ever use SWEET FX / or ENB . never have never will 

my tool does away with all that dll rubbish in the root FSX folder.

My tool , does a whole lot more than ENB / Sweet fsx can ever do .

it bring the full power of DX11 shade application to FSX by pulling the files directly from the root shade folder in fsx, then Blending them With DX11 , Shader in the GPU . 

the tool has pre sett markers , to load themes directly in to fsx.
along with being able to modify , the HSL , HLSL. RGBCYN , HDMI, Boost

fully automated colour correction, and FSX cfg adjustments while in flight . as you get lower to the ground the pictures get blurry etc. the tool will raise and lower values to keep the images sharp as knife , at all altitude's

I'm sure it will also run on an ipod touch and interface with oculus rift via bluetooth and gets 200 FPS.

Barry Friedman

too_good_to_be_true.png

seriously...

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm sure it will also run on an ipod touch and interface with oculus rift via bluetooth and gets 200 FPS.

They also have it running on a Blackberry Playbook

They also have it running on a Blackberry Playbook

Wow, FSX on a Crackberry, talk about addiction!  :P

Barry Friedman

I'm with FSCamp and Jim Skorna here, I doubt that this is possible with the SDK, but without the source code. And I doubt that MS can permitt anyone to modify that, as far as I am aware they don't own the source code anymore...

Awesome, they also have FSX supporting DX11:

I do not ever use SWEET FX / or ENB . never have never will 

my tool does away with all that dll rubbish in the root FSX folder.

My tool , does a whole lot more than ENB / Sweet fsx can ever do .

it bring the full power of DX11 shade application to FSX by pulling the files directly from the root shade folder in fsx, then Blending them With DX11 , Shader in the GPU . 

the tool has pre sett markers , to load themes directly in to fsx.

along with being able to modify , the HSL , HLSL. RGBCYN , HDMI, Boost

fully automated colour correction, and FSX cfg adjustments while in flight . as you get lower to the ground the pictures get blurry etc. the tool will raise and lower values to keep the images sharp as knife , at all altitude's

That sounds like a rip off of my DX11 gauge/cockpit lighting tech which does NOT replace the FSX graphics engine but works alongside it. I cant say i can take him seriously....

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion