Sign in to follow this  
calooom

Maybe There IS Potential of a 64-Bit FSX

While this guy is busy trying to use the SDK tools to change FSX into a 64 bit program, I will continue my work on developing a formula that will convert lead into gold.  Wonder which one of us will enjoy the most success?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

To be honest, a 64-bi fsx really doesn't interest me anymore...yes, it would really be nice, but I haven't gotten an oom once in my entire 3 years I flight simming. I fly anywhere I want with any aircraft.., no oom. I like to think of the 32 -bit limit as sort of a barrier, not a negative barrier, but a regulator for me, because if I start stuffing every Addon under the sun inside my flghtsim, my fps drop to horrible levels, and my sim starts crashing..

The limit keeps my sim in check, it keeps my Addons under control. Still, the research for a 64-bit fsx is quite interesting.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think for now I will stay with FSX 32Bit and keep a hopeful eye on P3D and ORBX developments.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

The people who own the source code (LM), have already said it would be nearly impossible to re-code the FSX engine to 64 bit. Look how long it took them to add in DX11 and CPU multi threading, now imagine having to re-write the entire engine.

When and if they do go to 64 bit, it will no long be on the P3D/FSX as you know it. On top of that all your add-ons will no longer work, you will be at square one.

I believe that Microsoft still own the source code to fsx, they just license the use of the code to LM and others. It's too big a cash cow for MS to give away.

Jazz

This topic is being locked too as there is no reason to continue to discuss this scam. The other topic has been removed (and so has the scammer).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10