Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Experience with this scenery?

fscottee ... Any chance you could expand a little on what the combo of photo and Orbx is about. I have most of Bluesky's California and i also have FTXG ... is combining these an option and if so what is involved in setting it up? ...

All I did is install ORBX PNW demo as normal, then install any photosecenery you like.  It doesn't matter where the photoscenery is in the order it will always take precedence over the land textures.  You get all the ORBX airports, and any handplaced 3d objects including trees (normally around airports or cities), stationary traffic, all moving traffic along roadways, etc..  There is no autogen that will come through, that means no tress outside of cities or airports, no autgen buildings, etc... 

In addition, any of their payware and freeware airports will show on top of photoscenery also.  I'm very tempted to start purchasing some of their awesome add-on airports for the PNW but I'm not sure if I have to purchase PNW or not??

ORBX overrides the default FSX objects and airports, but that's OK cause they suck anyway.   At this point I'm kinda waiting to see what ORBX does next before buying another photoscenery product. 

Thanks for that info ... will be very interested to see how the two elements look together ..... re whether you can install Orbx airports free standing my hunch would be that you need the region installed ... 

And now I just came across a bunch of cities from Aerosoft or something like that. I think that is what I was looking for. Sure it's not the whole state but it appears to have tons of 3d buildings and structures around the cities which is really what I was looking for.

Now can I just install those and use them with FTX Global and payware airports or do I need to re-order the scenery in the scenery library or something? Or does trying to use those programs together cause issues?

You can install them together, BUT you will have visual issues with the boundaries between the photoreal and FTXGlobal when you transition from generic (FTXG) to photoreal. Also with the Aerosoft city sceneries, they have no night textures or seasons, so if you fly anytime other than summer/daytime, you will have visual issues. Also with the Aerosoft cities, many users have framerate issues since the buildings are very dense (the more 3D objects on your screen, the more it affects performance)

Best, Michael

KDFW

Not a fan of photo scenery myself, I find it gives everything a flat and blurry look, great if your flying IFR at FL120 plus but everything looks bland after.

Ho Hum .... just installed FTXG and hoped to see Orbx trees, houses etc. on top of my California photoscenery but no such luck ... any suggestions appreciated ....

FTX Global only generates autogen, thus you won't see houses or trees.   You'll have to install an ORBX region or stick to default handplaced FSX objects.

Not a fan of photo scenery myself, I find it gives everything a flat and blurry look, great if your flying IFR at FL120 plus but everything looks bland after.

Not really true. On a properly configured system with a good video card, photoscenery of sufficient resolution, no matter who makes it, can look as sharp at 1200ft as it does at 12,000 ft. It does look flat yes because it takes away autogen in most cases, but blurry at anything below FL120 is simply not true (see numerous screenshots by many here taken at well below that mark).

FTX Global only generates autogen, thus you won't see houses or trees.   You'll have to install an ORBX region or stick to default handplaced FSX objects.

FTX Global is actually a texture replacement package for FSX, and each texture tile has an associated autogen placement file for that tile, so it should indeed show houses and trees, unless some other package for the same area is disabling the autogen it adds.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

FTX Global will not show on top of photoscenery like MSE.  Only the FTX Regions have handplaced objects.

You can install them together, BUT you will have visual issues with the boundaries between the photoreal and FTXGlobal when you transition from generic (FTXG) to photoreal. Also with the Aerosoft city sceneries, they have no night textures or seasons, so if you fly anytime other than summer/daytime, you will have visual issues. Also with the Aerosoft cities, many users have framerate issues since the buildings are very dense (the more 3D objects on your screen, the more it affects performance)

Ah then there goes that idea. Thank you for that information.

FTX Global will not show on top of photoscenery like MSE.  Only the FTX Regions have handplaced objects.

Yes, this is true.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories