Sign in to follow this  
Parker Watkins

Another Unable to activate FSX thread

Hopefully this clears things up. Basically what I need is the way to activate FSX so I don't have to keep playing on the 30 minute trial period. I have both FSX deluxe disc's as well as Acceleration but cannot activate either on account of FSX not being supported by Microsoft. I do not have the case and I know I used those installs up so even if I had them it would not make a difference. A recommendation on what to do would be helpful (I'm hoping its just as simple as buying it again).

A month ago I successfully registered my copy of FSX on a new PC. It had been installed on 2 other PCs (not simultaneously of course) and on neither occasion was there a problem.

Have you installed FSX many times on different PCs? That seems the most likely scenario. I'm not sure how this is going to pan out long term as we upgrade our PCs and need a new registration. It strikes me that Microsoft need to reconsider their policy of activation.

Why don't you have the case? Surely when you acquired it it was provided in a case with a product code?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,

That is better!

Purchase FSX Gold Edition. DO NOT reinstall as you have things installed already. Register FSX with the NEW code. Then register Acceleration with the NEW code.

Place your new cases in safe keeping!

Ray: From another thread, he has lost/misplaced his cases so he has no codes to use.

The MS Store was the only authorized place for a download purchase. Not sure if FSX and Acceleration are still there. Use Amazon for a DVD purchase.

Ray: From another thread, he has lost/misplaced his cases so he has no codes to use.

Ah, right. I'd be inclined to buy a physical product rather than a download even if that was possible which I doubt. Prices on the UK Amazon look reasonable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I do not have the case and I know I used those installs up so even if I had them it would not make a difference. A recommendation on what to do would be helpful (I'm hoping its just as simple as buying it again).

Buying it would solve the issue, but if you had the case with the serial number, even if the automated system didn't work, you should still be able to authenticate by phone.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have used the code up on the box. For the last 4 or so installs I've done (from new computers or crashes of the game) I have had to contact microsoft and that worked until the last time I tried in January and non of the codes they gave me worked.

For the last 4 or so installs I've done (from new computers or crashes of the game...)

A 'crash' doesn't require a complete uninstall and reinstall of FSX. There are other ways of resolving problems. You used up your allocation of registrations unnecessarily. Bear that in mind when you acquire your next copy.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I had registered two week ago after fresh reinstall, again yesterday after another re-refresh install. No any problem insertin the key code.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I had registered two week ago after fresh reinstall, again yesterday after another re-refresh install. No any problem insertin the key code.

I did the same just yesterday, and all those threads about the "not working" activation made me worry, and then it all worked flawlessly.

However, if you take a close look at the OP, he said that he has lost his DVD boxes, so he does not have the key anymore - and that is definitely a different problem.

Due to a much cheaper alternative, I am getting a deluxe version tonight. Now, when I first uninstalled FSX and reinstalled it, it left me with Acceleration and all the missions and aircraft still available and all of my previous aircraft. So would you guys think that if I backed up all the file folder files as well as the files with a creation date in 2007 that I will be able to keep Acceleration? I am uninstalling FSX again because I think the install was messed up because the terrain doesn't build right and many other problems. So hopefully you guys have a helpful opinion on this.

No, you will lose Acceleration. Still purchase FSX Gold and do a complete, clean, reinstall.