Sign in to follow this  
Wolflikespie

Why are flight simmers so rude to each other?

I guess some of them need a colonoscopy eh?

Ron

... or a fencepost-ectomy.

... rarely will his or her posts be less than one or two paragraphs.

Looong post.

(Jim, you're a bad influence)

I was going to put a smiley in here to show I'm just taking the mickey but then thought better of it. Don't you find that :lol: often just says 'I'm being nasty to you but don't want any comeback'?

Thanks for starting this great thread Wolfikespie.  I was away from the forum for over a week and yours was the first thread that I saw in the "Recently discussed forum topics" and I thought, "oh no here we go again."  I am glad to see that the topic has remained fairly amicable among the many people that I admire who've contributed to this thread. 

I recall after joining AVSIM there were many individuals who provided an incredible amount of help which has not been forgotten.  To be honest, as I began to learn more about the sim and the intricacies of all the addons I used I felt comfortable enough to provide help with others here at the forum.  Sometimes I forgot to check my ego at the door and on numerous occasions I made the forum a bad place for some people who asked a simple question.

I have been humbled by the patience and expertise exhibited by so many of the greats of AVSIM and I hope you will make these forums your home for a long time to come.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

I got the joke also! Responded with a joke response and my post got deleted. Most have been a tough crowd last night.

Kinda figured your joke too :lol: I might have been the only one though... And I think you get downvoted now just for posting at all and not by it's content, and think that's kinda unfair... :mellow: +1 from me(not that you care though ^_^ )

And I think you get downvoted now just for posting at all and not by it's content, and think that's kinda unfair... :mellow: +1 from me(not that you care though ^_^ )

I agree with you. There are post where I would agree with voting Jim down (but since he doesn't care at all, I might as well leave that be - wait a second, maybe that's just what he wants us to do :O), but here? As Kaboki said, it's most of the time not for what he says (in essence, probably not too much anyway -_-) but simply for his presence. Add another vote from me!

Sometimes I forgot to check my ego at the door and on numerous occasions I made the forum a bad place for some people who asked a simple question.

Too be honest, I think we all been there but It can be hard to admit own mistakes, no one is perfect, we are human beings after all :rolleyes:

I got it, that's why I gave you an upvote :P

Me too. :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Because I am not into the Facebook mentality of click on +1, -1, thumbs up, thumbs down, reputation points, who do we love-hate the most, who's the best, you're so mean, I love/hate you, you make me sick, your posts are worthless, +1000000000/-1000000000.

It's all just a meaningless popularity contest, much like a Homecoming/Student Council/Prom vote in any school, at any time.

Edit: (Point proven. Maybe I should get all my friends to +1)

It's probably the first time since I joined Avsim that this happens but I strongly agree with Jim on this one.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Jskorna,  but the fact that every time he posts something he gets a couple of downvotes just for saying something at all is complete b.s.  

I have just shut down the Reputation System in its entirety. Too much of a drama drill for me to stomach.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rudeness.

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Tom said

I have just shut down the Reputation System in its entirety. Too much of a drama drill for me to stomach.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rudeness.

I wish I could vote Tom up and Larry down for their respective statements ...   :wacko:

Thumbs Up....Thumbs Down.....Meh....I was never a big fan of Siskel & Ebert anyways.

If you don't like something, just ignore it. Works for me.  B)

Matthew Kane

Thumbs Up....Thumbs Down.....Meh....I was never a big fan of Siskel & Ebert anyways.

If you don't like something, just ignore it. Works for me.  B)

Like a mugging. Lesson learned.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I wish I could vote Tom up and Larry down for their respective statements ...

I'm sorry you can't, Oliver. But since you can't, people are pretty much free to say what's on their minds. Some of it is going to be fairly rude.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Eh.

Well, that's never changed. Now people will just have to decide if they accept rudeness...... or return to the old time tested flames....... or even just look away..

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Like a mugging. Lesson learned.

You get a +1 

Save those as they might be worth something someday  :lol:

Matthew Kane