Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

TinMouse II panel locks up FS2004 migrated to Win7 64bit system

Just spend the last couple of weeks migrating FS9 from a old WinXP Pro 32-bit system to a new Win 7 64-bit following the advice in the thread "Migrating fs9 from WinXP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit....".  The process went resonably well with only about a half dozen mostly minor problems.  Two of those problems, however, are major ones that will cause me to go back to the XP Pro system, where FS9 runs in single digit FPS rates if they can't be resolved.

One of the two is that one of my all time favorite FS9 aircraft, the TinMouse II 737-200 locks FS9 up when I try to switch tot he 2D panel view!  I can load a saved flight using the TinMouse but if I try to switch to the panel view I get a blank screen or the last accessd menu item with a black rectangle where the loading scenery, training, etc. appears after a flight selection (the other major issue which occurs if I hit a keyboard command k such as S or A).

A couple of times the panel did appear and go through the sub panel sequence only to have FS9 lock up thereafter.  Hitting the ESC key allows me to end the flight and go back to the flight selection window but FS9 still won't function correctly if I try to load any other saved flight (even those using other a/c).

Has anyone else encountered this problem migrating FS9 to a Windows 7 64-bit system? I could really use some help here!  One thing I haven't tried yet is reinstalling the TinMouse II v1.32 and its v1.26 panel.  Should that be my next move or is something else causing this problem? Like I said, I'm going to dump this Win7 system for whatever I can get for it and go back to the WinXP system (never wanted to switch to Win7, or 8, anyway.  I love the MASSIVE increase in frame rates but I refuse to give up my TinMouse!

Hello, I use this aircraft on W7 x64 (SP1) and it works fine.

I have it updated to 1.40. I see that you are using the 1.32, it may be the problem.

As I understand it v1.40 is for use with wide screen monitors.  I'm still using a 19" standard monitor.  I doubt this is the problem as I was able to get the TinMouse panel to work a couple of days ago by hitting the esc key twice after switching to the panel view (see my Problems after migrating FS2004 to Win7 64 bit system" post...I might take a look at the 1.40 version just to be sure (if I can find it), but I'm pretty sure at this point the problem with the TinMouse II 2D panel is related to the settings for my nVidia GTX 650 video card and/or Directx 11...

I am using the TM 1.4 with FS9 in windows7 64 bit with no problems. I suggest you do a complete uninstall of the TM and start from scratch.

Peter Schluter

I might just have to give that a try if all else fails.  As I said in my previous post, I think this problem is being caused by my GTX 655 video card.  If adjusting its 3D setting with Nvidia Inspector doesn't work a complete reinstall will be the next thnig to try!

Oops.  Make that a GTX 640 card (not 655)!  Incidentally, the nVidia Inspector utility didn't fix the problem.  I don't think re-installing the TinMouse will fix it either, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it (just in case)!

Did you put the FS2Audio.dll into Windows\SysWOW64?

If not, do it.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/321781-fs2audiodll-problems/

(The thread states to put it into System32 as well, but that's not necessary. At least on my system, having the .dll in SysWOW64 suffices.)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I had FS2Audio.dll in my windows/System32 folder on my XP system.  Forgot to put in the System32 folder on my Win7 system till a message about it started popping up.  Hadn't heard about putting it in the SysWOW64 folder (didn't know such a folder existed).  I'll do that, too.  Thanks!

You're a life saver, Bjoern! I put a copy of FS2Audio.dll as you recommended and it worked!  The TinMouse panel is now loading normally!  Unfortunately, I'm stilling getting a black screen with the menu bar and the scenery/terrain loading window in the middle for a split second.  I also get something similar (usually the FS2004 splashscreen or the last selected menu option with the scenery/terraiin loading window) when I press the alt key to call up the menu bar.  Have you heard of this problem?  Any ideas on how to fix?  I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 650 graphics card which I suspect is causing this problem.  I suspect one or more of its 3D settings is causing the problem.  Tried using nVidia Inspector but the FS2004 profile didn't fix the problem...Anyway,, thanks again!

You're a life saver, Bjoern! I put a copy of FS2Audio.dll as you recommended and it worked!  The TinMouse panel is now loading normally!  Unfortunately, I'm stilling getting a black screen with the menu bar and the scenery/terrain loading window in the middle for a split second.  I also get something similar (usually the FS2004 splashscreen or the last selected menu option with the scenery/terraiin loading window) when I press the alt key to call up the menu bar.  Have you heard of this problem?  Any ideas on how to fix?  I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 650 graphics card which I suspect is causing this problem.  I suspect one or more of its 3D settings is causing the problem.  Tried using nVidia Inspector but the FS2004 profile didn't fix the problem...Anyway,, thanks again!

This sounds like the UIAutomationcore.dll bug to me.  Lots written about it in the FSX forum...basically you need to put a copy of the Vista version of the dll in your root FSX folder--the Win7 version had problems with FSX.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

You're welcome.

Try Bob's suggestion and see if it improves things.

Here's a sample thread about the UIAutomationcore.dll:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273341-heres-the-apparent-fix-to-fsx-crashing-win-7-x64/

(I can't remember if I have it installed myself; the TM2 panel runs fine on my setup.)

Don't know if Bob's suggestion will work with FS2004, but I guess it won't hurt to try it!  At the very least, I'll probably need it when I get around to installing FSX!

Ah, this was about FS2004?

Well, you could still try to run FS9.exe in Windows XP compatibiliy mode with disabled desktop composition and disabled visual themes and see if the problem goes away.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-windows

Last time I ran FS9 on Win 7, I also had the "panel flashes black" problem when changing views. But as this only lasted for a second tops, it didn't disturb me all that much.

Sorry for not replying sooner, Bjoern!  My wireless router died on me last Thursday.

Anyway, I'll give the Windows XP compatibility mode thing a try.

I only got the panel flashes black problem with the TinMouse panel.  It did more than just flash black.  I posted the

Problems with FS2004 after migrating WinXP install on to Win7 sys

on the FS2004 forum to describe not only the TinMouse panel problem but several other problems I had after migrating FS2004 to a Win 7 64-bit system.  I posted several screen captures to illustrate them.  3 have disappeared for some reason so I'll post them here to give you a  better idea of what I'm talking about: