Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Ultimate traffic 2 question

Actually it will affect your flights in and out of airports as you must now adhere to taxi instructions and wait your turn to land and take off, rather than popping wheelies in your 777 down the taxi center line as you race at 40 knots to get to the runway for take off.   Be prepared to sit behind 4-8 other planes in the que just like a real airline and likewise be prepared to get qued up for landing as you will not be the only guy trying to come in on that approach.   This is a good thing as it adds that next level of realism to the sim.

My flight into Flightbeam's KSFO-San Francisco last night was breathtaking.   There were 10 jets lined up waiting for me to land and get off the runway so they could go.  Saw a couple of 747's, a bunch of 737 and a few MD-80's from different airlines in that mix of traffic waiting to depart.  UT2 was shining like a star last night.

You can REALLY see how awesome UT2 is at night when you see dozens upon dozens of nav beacon lights going off in the skies all around the airport.   Night time at airports with UT2 on is epic.   Highly recommend this traffic program to anyone.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Yes you can add whatever models & paints the program is missing through UT2 user interface and UT2 power pack programs.

Thank you for the info. Hopefully the install process of all the extra planes and paints is a simple one haha.

Actually it will affect your flights in and out of airports as you must now adhere to taxi instructions and wait your turn to land and take off, rather than popping wheelies in your 777 down the taxi center line as you race at 40 knots to get to the runway for take off.   Be prepared to sit behind 4-8 other planes in the que just like a real airline and likewise be prepared to get qued up for landing as you will not be the only guy trying to come in on that approach.   This is a good thing as it adds that next level of realism to the sim.

My flight into Flightbeam's KSFO-San Francisco last night was breathtaking.   There were 10 jets lined up waiting for me to land and get off the runway so they could go.  Saw a couple of 747's, a bunch of 737 and a few MD-80's from different airlines in that mix of traffic waiting to depart.  UT2 was shining like a star last night.

You can REALLY see how awesome UT2 is at night when you see dozens upon dozens of nav beacon lights going off in the skies all around the airport.   Night time at airports with UT2 on is epic.   Highly recommend this traffic program to anyone.

That sounds really cool. Quick totally random question do the UT2 planes have landing lights when they land?

Thank you for the info. Hopefully the install process of all the extra planes and paints is a simple one haha.

That sounds really cool. Quick totally random question do the UT2 planes have landing lights when they land?

I can't remember if they did ot did not before I gave the whole lot of them the A2A 3D Shockwave lights treatment.    My rusty member tells me that yes, they had night lighting includling beacons and landing nav lights.    If they don't, just pick up a copy A2A's Shockwave 3D Lights.  There is a little program out there that will add all the lights to every UT2 plane in one click.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It's rather simple, you first just install the paints / models to Simobjects/Airlines, then go through menu in UT2 UI to assign them to correct UT2 airlines. Getting all the generic "Daedalus" paints that UT2 doesn't include by default replaced with correct paints does take a lot of time though although the process itself is simple. 

I can't remember if they did ot did not before I gave the whole lot of them the A2A 3D Shockwave lights treatment.    My rusty member tells me that yes, they had night lighting includling beacons and landing nav lights.    If they don't, just pick up a copy A2A's Shockwave 3D Lights.  There is a little program out there that will add all the lights to every UT2 plane in one click.

Yea looks like a great program exactly what I was looking for.

It's rather simple, you first just install the paints / models to Simobjects/Airlines, then go through menu in UT2 UI to assign them to correct UT2 airlines. Getting all the generic "Daedalus" paints that UT2 doesn't include by default replaced with correct paints does take a lot of time though although the process itself is simple. 

And it appears the best way to do this is by using world of AI airplanes? Or is there another source where to get the UT2 planes from? Or does trying to use those planes cause an issue with UT2.

Yes they have all the lights a normal aircraft would have.

The process can be lengthy but the actual steps are easy, especially after you get the model installed it is just a matter of placing the texture folders into the model folders and amending the .cfg file - it is just like installing a repaint to one of your user flown aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Yes they have all the lights a normal aircraft would have.

The process can be lengthy but the actual steps are easy, especially after you get the model installed it is just a matter of placing the texture folders into the model folders and amending the .cfg file - it is just like installing a repaint to one of your user flown aircraft.

I don't think I will be messing around to much with this but I would prefer to have the regional jets/ business jets that don't seem to be included so I will at least try and install those planes and see what happens. 

I am assuming UT2 has a way to see all the airlines it has installed so if I want to add an entire airline I can without overwriting the one that is already there?

On the website I did see the power pack add on seems like a good tool also.

And it appears the best way to do this is by using world of AI airplanes? Or is there another source where to get the UT2 planes from? Or does trying to use those planes cause an issue with UT2.

Yeah WOAI should work well, personally I used combination of WOAI and airlines / models I've downloaded before one by one.

I am assuming UT2 has a way to see all the airlines it has installed so if I want to add an entire airline I can without overwriting the one that is already there?

Yep, you can easily find if an airline is installed or not using UT2, completely new airlines can be added using power pack. Some of the smaller airlines might have wrong names in UT2 UI though as it seems that sometimes when airlines have gone bankrupt and new airlines have taken their IATA codes the people who manage new UT2 plans have just updated the flightplans without changing the name of the airline. However in these cases you can quite easily find the correct paints to download by just searching which airline the IATA code belongs to nowadays. 

Yeah WOAI should work well, personally I used combination of WOAI and airlines / models I've downloaded before one by one.

Yep, you can easily find if an airline is installed or not using UT2, completely new airlines can be added using power pack. Some of the smaller airlines might have wrong names in UT2 UI though as it seems that sometimes when airlines have gone bankrupt and new airlines have taken their IATA codes the people who manage new UT2 plans have just updated the flightplans without changing the name of the airline. However in these cases you can quite easily find the correct paints to download by just searching which airline the IATA code belongs to nowadays. 

The only airplanes I have been looking for were the RJ 135,145 variants and I can't find any for UT2 in the paints that I was looking for. I see on the UT website that they have those planes listed but you can't click on them. Is there another place to get those two planes from with say United express paint and the other airlines that use them?

It may not be difficult to add the missing airlines (once you know how to do it), but it is time consuming downloading and installing all of them. However, it is worth the effort.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It may not be difficult to add the missing airlines (once you know how to do it), but it is time consuming downloading and installing all of them. However, it is worth the effort.

What would you say are the biggest airlines that are not included in the program? I am just trying to figure out if I would be flying places where these airlines would be.

What you can do is purchase UT2 via the Flight1 wrapper, and set it up to see if it is for you. Flight 1 has a 30 day money back policy, so that is an option to consider.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It's difficult to say what airlines are missing because I use the DVD Version 2.04 that was released back in 2009. I have not installed any of the updated schedules that have been released subsequently, because I prefer to add extra airlines, aircraft and colour schemes manually. In addition, I only fly around the UK, so I am only interested in those airlines that arrive or depart from good old Blighty :smile:

What I can say is that I noticed that some of the UK charter airlines were missing (or restricted to a bare handful of aircraft), and that there were hardly any cargo planes at all. Over the past two or three years I have added quite a lot of extra aircraft, and now I have a nice selection flying in and out of the large airports in the UK.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png