Sign in to follow this  
thepitts

Now XSim reviews has nosed dived where do you go for XP info/reviews

X Sim reviews used to be my go to site for the latest XP info and reviews. Since nose diving  under new management it isn't.

This has nothing to do with criticism of XP valid or otherwise (we already know it's not the greatest piece of software ever designed) but due to infrequent updating, Blogg ranting and poor quality reviews.

Forums like this can be useful but do you have a favourite site to keep up to date with latest in XP world?

Forums like this can be useful but do you have a favourite site to keep up to date with latest in XP world?

Yeah, sure. AVSIM! :wink:

There's also the x-pilot forum, the org forum and Aerosoft xpx news at http://asn-xp.aerosoft.com/. There are probably others I don't know about but in general, these fit my needs.Too bad about Xsimreviews, they had some really good coverage of X-Plane.

Outside of official Laminar Research news and blogs, it's the forums exclusively for me - this one and a pair of others. I find it far more educational to read about multiple users experiences and opinions on things as compared to one or two bloggers, reviewers, or news aggregators whos personal influences will color their reporting. Its easier to "read between the lines" when there are more opinions to sift through.  Above all else, forums are the most valuable resource for me.

it's the forums exclusively for me - this one and a pair of others. I find it far more educational to read about multiple users experiences and opinions on things as compared to one or two bloggers, reviewers, or news aggregators whos personal influences will color their reporting

Absolutely. An aggregate of everyone's feelings on multiple forums is probably the safest way to know if a product is for you or not.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea