Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Let's hear it for.....

The Mesh!

Just been taking a quick trip up to the Grand Canyon from Bullfrog Basin and thinking how great AlpilotX's HD mesh is. And then I wonder what it's going to look like in V2 and my brain starts to melt!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Hmmm .... I think the Grand Canyon region is maybe not the ideal place to look for improvements in V2 (it has not soooo many interesting features  ... other than its extremely fantastic geology :lol: ). But even there you might see some improvements ... (as the mesh density itself is increased a bit compared to V1) ...

My screen saver screenshot is almost identical to your second pic. Except it has my real life RV's left wing in it. Lake Powell, one of my favorite real life destinations. Was only an hour and 20 minutes from home, by air.

Well, in HD Mesh Scenery v2 it looks something like this (just a very quick and dirty take on your locations) .... and you see what I told you.

My screen saver screenshot is almost identical to your second pic. Except it has my real life RV's left wing in it. Lake Powell, one of my favorite real life destinations. Was only an hour and 20 minutes from home, by air.

I only saw the touristy end of the canyon but if I ever get over to that part of the States again I'm gonna make a beeline for that lake. Having said that this tour across the States I'm doing now is throwing up new places I want to make a beeline for nearly very flight...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Well, in HD Mesh Scenery v2 it looks something like this (just a very quick and dirty take on your locations) .... and you see what I told you.

attachicon.gifCar_Bonanza_v10_1.jpg

attachicon.gifCar_Bonanza_v10_2.jpg

Just had a good look at those pics; you did a very good job of finding the exact spot I took mine at! I know what you mean by maybe not the most striking difference, but I can certainly see fewer straight lines and more smooth edges where the land meets the water. That's one of the things which tends to catch my eye and break the immersion sometimes so very happy to see it.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your work...

The Mesh!

Just been taking a quick trip up to the Grand Canyon from Bullfrog Basin and thinking how great AlpilotX's HD mesh is. And then I wonder what it's going to look like in V2 and my brain starts to melt!attachicon.gifCar_Centurion_v10_1.jpgattachicon.gifCar_Centurion_v10_2.jpgattachicon.gifCar_Centurion_v10_3.jpg

Whoa that looks great!!!! Where you get the clouds?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.