Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Phenom 100

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has the Phenom 100 from Feelthere ? how good is it ?  I am looking to purchase it as I need to fly a faster bird after my practice on a prop.

Also can anyone suggest a good prop for practice ? 

Thnx.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I have it. You might want to look at some others. It is okay, just nothing special. It is not real complex, but if you are looking for something to move into, its fine. I personally gave up bizjets in favor of twins and larger jets.

I don't personally own the Phenom at the moment, however Carenado's looks to be fairly close to release and it looks damn nice too, so you may want to hold out for that. 

I have it and.. well it's ok.. nothing special.. but I find it kind of fun... I'm def. waiting for Carenado's then I'll dump the FT version off my hd.

in the meantime.. the Realair Turbine Duke is fast, climbs like a rocket.. and their Legacy is amazing..  once you can handle those with ease and confidence  then you will be ready for the phenom.. if you really want some Phenom-esq feel practice then get the Albatross L-39... that is a slippery little thing and will teach you power management real quick.  http://www.lotussim.com/

Ciao!

Hey guys,

Thanks to all. I guess I will skip the FT version and await Carenado's as they have some great flight models.

Yes I have heard about the L-39 , but my wallet is not too think atm :). Or may look at the Real Air Duke's.

Hey guys,

Thanks to all. I guess I will skip the FT version and await Carenado's as they have some great flight models.

Yes I have heard about the L-39 , but my wallet is not too think atm :). Or may look at the Real Air Duke's.

I have the feelThere version and the flight model is possibly the best thing about it...... and Carenado's FDEs aren't their strength IMHO ..... so you may have your logic the wrong way around! :lol:

The Carenado will certainly have nicer texturing (the feelThere is rough around the edges)........ but as I said in another thread on the Phenom, at least the feelThere version has realistic GFC700 (AP) systems, including FL CH ......... Carenado have never implemented a FLCH (speed by pitch) system and it's about 99% that there model with only have VS (not realistic) or worse still, will use the FSX default autothrottle to control speed, as their SR22 does....

So Brian, when you upgrade to the Carenado, I think you will lose systems rather than gaining them.

I have the feelThere version and the flight model is possibly the best thing about it...... and Carenado's FDEs aren't their strength IMHO ..... so you may have your logic the wrong way around! :lol:

The Carenado will certainly have nicer texturing (the feelThere is rough around the edges)........ but as I said in another thread on the Phenom, at least the feelThere version has realistic GFC700 (AP) systems, including FL CH ......... Carenado have never implemented a FLCH (speed by pitch) system and it's about 99% that there model with only have VS (not realistic) or worse still, will use the FSX default autothrottle to control speed, as their SR22 does....

So Brian, when you upgrade to the Carenado, I think you will lose systems rather than gaining them.

I am looking for a complete model including Dyanmics. I want to stick to smaller jets.

Damn now I am confused

mmmmmmm... well, we will see once Carenado comes out with it.. hoping they will deliver on it.. now I'm a bit hesitant myself.

Ciao!

mmmmmmm... well, we will see once Carenado comes out with it.. hoping they will deliver on it.. now I'm a bit hesitant myself.

I think it just depends on what is important to your simming Brian.   There is no doubt the Carenado Phenom will absolutely obliterate the feelThere version on looks and textures.  But if you like to fly this sort of jet realistically, I fear the Carenado version will be a let down in this area.   The Phenom is flown like a large jet; after take-off FL CH mode is used to hold IAS (which will be increased during the climbout).   In this regard, the feelThere performs excellently, as feelThere have been using FL CH gauges (that hold speed by adjusting aircraft pitch, rather than by throttle) since their original CRJ for FS9 (and subsequently in their ERJ, 737 PIC, Airbus Series, E-Jets, etc).

So they have a proven gauge for using with 'speed by pitch' modes like FLCH and VNAV. 

Carenado have never delivered an aircraft with a working FL CH mode;  Their SR22 with G1000 uses the GFC700 autopilot, which has FL CH mode ..... but in the Carenado SR22 their FL CH mode simply turns on the default FSX autothrottle, at the selected airspeed ...... a 'rough' fudging by anyone's standards!

I will eat my hat, publically, if their Phenom has a working FL CH mode.  I just don't think it's their area of expertise and looking at the SR22 example, I think we will just be getting default FSX AP functionality in the Phenom's AP.

Might be worth swapping in the cfg and air files from the FT Phenom when the Carenado version comes out. Have the best of both worlds (?)

FT's Phenom is not bad for systems simulation, not surprising considering their work on the ERJs and E17x and E19x, although it's based on the default GPS so you need to use an FSX flight plan.

What I didn't like were the bugs and lack of paint kit or blank textures. Very few repaints available as a result.

Some of the problems I found:

- Activate an approach PROC and the PFD still shows you heading for the next waypoint in your flight plan

- MFD map freezes and you need to zoom in/out to unfreeze

- Beacon light flashing even when cold and dark with no power

- Set default state to C&D in the config tool, then you cannot resume a saved flight because you'll be C&D

- On ILS approach, hit APPR after intercepting the LOC signal and the AP goes to ROL mode, need to hit APPR twice

- Turn off YD when starting approach disengages the AP

- Quite poor rudder effectiveness handling in crosswind on takeoff

- The horrible window reflections you get by default. Fortunately there's a workaround for that.

Other than the warmed-over FS9 looking graphics, the ERJ and EJets are great. The Phenom is nowhere close to those previous efforts.

Barry Friedman

No offense Q_Flyer,  but I think i will wait for the Carenado Phenom. Else I will go with Eaglesoft Citation x 2.0

I am looking for the perfect small jet.

No offense Q_Flyer,  but I think i will wait for the Carenado Phenom. Else I will go with Eaglesoft Citation x 2.0

I am looking for the perfect small jet.

To be honest, the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 will blow both the feelThere and the Carenado Phenom's out of the water, even though it is 3.5 years old! :smile:   ......... Brilliant jet, can't go wrong with it, and the systems and FDE are both class leading.  :cool:

If you want a good small jet, the Flight 1 Mustang is also fantastic, if a little tought on frame rates.