Sign in to follow this  
machie

Missing comdlg32.ocx

Hi All,

I know that this is old and boring ground for most knowledgeable RC users---but for me it is not---I have been working on my sim for months--getting it almost there and then falling back ten steps--this time I am running it at the best rate in over 25 years (going back to the Mac Classic stick figure version)--but I cannot fix the missing dill problem--nor can I understand what is published on the pinned  "unregistered dll " post----does anybody have a copy of a "rc for dummies" post that is step by step for the computer programming illiterate.

I apologize for asking for this but I have been trying for many hours to get my RC back up and functional and am at my wits end!!

Thanks

Cheers

Dorn

Hi Dorn

This link will help you: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/comdlg32.htm

Note: On my Win7 64 OS comdlg32.ocx is in SysWOW64 folder instead of System32 folder in Windows directory as advised in link above.

RC works perfectly on my system.

Regards

noels7

Noel Southam

I tried to do what the link instructed but the file will not load--will try again in the AM---thanks for the help---just do not know how to do this---been simming for over thirty years but this reprograming of RC gets me every time I need to do a full reinstall of my FSX

I have figured out how to get the dll and osx files---I figured out how to run the command window in Admin mode and I was able to install the files that the program was asking for---but the rc4 would still not run---soooo- I uninstalled and reinstalled d rcV4.3 and all went well--it asked me to put in the msst dll file and I did that everything worked out well--now I am waiting for my key---how long does that take?

Thanks to all who have helped me here---I know that this is "Old Hat" to most of you on this forum but people still need help with this issue---so many thanks for the effort

Dorn

Your key should arrive within an hour from the automatic registration system if you formatted the e-mail correctly preferably by the auto e-mail generator and your e-mail address is the same as the one you used for ordering.

When copying/pasting the key from the e-mail received to the RC registration screen be sure any leading and trailing spaces (frequently added by Win) are deleted. The cursor at the line start should rest on the fiest character and at the line end right after the last character and it should not move to the right.

After RC4 is installed update fsuipc and makerwys to the current versions from the pinned links. Then start RC and rerun the scenery rebuild.

Be sure your paths are correct.