Sign in to follow this  

Greetings!

I've been trying for some time now to open particular addon airport with Airport Design Editor, but with no luck. What I want to do is to change elevation of that airport so that it matches the default scenery for that airport since I have holes in runway, taxiway, apron, etc. But I'm having trouble opening airport in ADE... I can open STOCK airports, but I can't open any addon airport... They have bunch of BGL files in their Scenery folders, and when i try to load it with ADE, it says that file doesn't contain aiport... Is there someone who can explain to me how to open addon airports with ADE, or, perhaps, another solution for me on how to change airport elevation so that it matches the default one?

Thanks in advance.

If the airport has been made or altered using ADE, the compiled file will have the letters ADEX (X for FSX) in its description. Look for a file name with ADEX as part of its name. Example: KORH_ADEX_CJT. The last letters identify the author and are configured as such when ADE is set up in FS. 

If an exclusion file has been created, it will end in the letters CVX and ADE will tell you that this is not an airport file if you try to open it. 

Post this over at the FS Developer forum and I'm sure you will get a more detailed answer. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/

Hope this helps. 

Other files to look for may have AF2 or AFX in their filename.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

AS already said.  Many addons will have multiple Bgl files with only one containing the airport.  You need to find which one (if any) actually does have the airport in it.

Firstly, thank you all for your replies. Indeed, there was a file in there with ADE in it's name which opened airport in ADE X...

I used "add polygon" option, and got whole airport covered... Then I have selected type: Airport background, Tag: Flatten and clicked ok and compiled,  but that didn't change much for me since I still have holes in runway -.-

Post this over at the FS Developer forum and I'm sure you will get a more detailed answer. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/

That's the first place I've tried to ask the same, but the site won't let me register due to some "open IP" policy or something like that... Probably because I have dynamic IP address.

That's the first place I've tried to ask the same, but the site won't let me register due to some "open IP" policy or something like that... Probably because I have dynamic IP address.

Email me - jon AT scruffyduck DOT co DOT uk with the user name you want to use on FS Dev and I will add you