Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

Vero Portland-Vancouver released.

Interesting, see that is exactly why I was complaining about no color correction in MSE 2. MSE has been around for a while, and while many other providers such as thsi one are now including color correction and 30cm areas of some airports and cities for areas under $50 (albeit usually smaller areas than MSE), some of the MSE products I tried had color akin to a purple chicken.

I mean I have 24 core PC's that used to be in a DC sitting here doing nothing, I could probably color correct an entire state in 3 days just leaving the computer alone.

Please let us know how this looks, I may bite.

I bought it but wow, having tons of trouble getting the 10 files to download from the Vero-FS site.  Sent some emails and a fella responded, which is encouraging, but didn't offer much help.  Downloads are stopping haflway through, tried download manager but same thing, and the server does not allow resumes.  So you have to start over again.  The fella even tried to blame the download interrupts on my rock solid 20 megabit cable connection...

The representative gave me advice to go to their forum which doens't even have any posts there.  I'm starting to wonder if this company actually has a product... So far, a bad experience.

I bought it but wow, having tons of trouble getting the 10 files to download from the Vero-FS site. Sent some emails and a fella responded, which is encouraging, but didn't offer much help

That is because this "fella", Gabriele, lives in the Philippines and we all know what is happening there. He has had intermittent power for the last 4 days. I suggest you take a deep breath and give him some time to get back into operation.

That is because this "fella", Gabriele, lives in the Philippines and we all know what is happening there. He has had intermittent power for the last 4 days. I suggest you take a deep breath and give him some time to get back into operation.

I wonder why he would suggest it was my ISP then?  When the answer was so obvious it wasn't. 

If I could offer; I have just been in contact with Gabriele and he has asked me to try and clear things up, as I am located stateside and not directly affected by the recent calamity in his region. First off, on behalf of VERO, Gabriele asked me to thank you for making this investment. He wanted to express that the issue wasn't so much your ISP, but that others had no trouble and the real issue was his own connectivity in regards to resolving your dilemma. The circumstance is that his residence remains without power into the indefinite future. He is unable to use his own computer, he must travel to a city with power and connect using public machines in internet cafes. I have known Gabriele a long time and he is incredibly resourceful and talented, his situation would probably have me overwhelmed and then where would we be. The fact that he gets up and gets messages out and called me to help with this is a testament to his commitment to this product and his customers. Please understand this.

We'll be sending along details of how we can resolve this for you.

Rick Keller

Sure thing.  And publicly I want to say I appreciate his situation, and now understand.  In my defense however, how was I to know?  The website is a mess, the VERO forum doesn't even have one post from anyone who is even interested in flight sims, just a ton of spam messages, and this "fella" from Vero tells me to go to the forum and post a message?  There's no way for me to know where he lives or what situation he was in.  From what I could tell, Vero-FS was based in Italy.  My first thought was oh great, I'm just sent $20 to a foreign company who is going to give me a run around for the next 3 weeks while they figure out issues... 

Anyway, it seems like a genuine fella, and making an effort to take care of the situation. 

1) Sorry fscottie! I refunded you and I look forward to have your feedback about the product once you will have it downloaded from other stores.

2) My email replies to customers always include my phone number.

3) I have been helping customers in the past even by using TeamViewer when they were not able to install or configure FSX for best result. 

Now the problem is in developing more products, since they say this electrig grid problem will go on for a couple of months :( 

I may have to relocate for the next couple of months somewhere. fscottie do you have a couch for me? ;)

Ciao a tutti!

Gabriele

No download problems through Simmarket...10MB/s.  Oh, and yes they look good, bought all 4 products....LA, San Fran and Portland-Vancouver Summer & Hard Winter. 29.2 GB in total, 30.1 GB installed.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Yeah I've seen those to death. Wondering if you could post some of your own. There's very little screenshots of their latest project.