Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Holy night lighting Batman! Milviz Kingair

A  smart answer would have been eg we are in beta now so we want to be sure shes right to go, or at this stage we don't have a firm timeline , possibly early next year

Anyway you lost me straight up. 

They don't know, so why would they make a time frame up?  That's more honest than "it's in beta and it will be ready in XXX days."  And then they blow through that estimate (like all of flight sim developers btw if you're new here), and customers raise up their arms in outrage!  lol....

There's nothing rude about saying "it's ready when it's ready."  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Which 3 are these if I may ask?

I'd like to offer a whole-hearted apology to Bernt Stolle.  I thought the MilViz C310R did not contain an FDE by Bernt, and some digging has led me to believe that the MV C310 does indeed contain Bernt's work.

As it is one of my favourite twins ever to fly, I clearly got this very wrong.  Apologies.

@zoran. I responded in EXACTLY the way you asked down to the syllable.

Quite honestly, if you ask that way, that's the answer you get. I'm not known for being a sales rep or even a nice guy. I am, however, known for being honest, direct and, most importantly, for making quality aircraft.

Your call. If you've never bought nothing from us to date then obviously I don't need to allow myself, my team or my company to be treated in any way but respectfully. Sure, I'd love you to buy our stuff but in the end it should be based not on ME but on product quality. You're not, after all, going to be flying me much (unless you're a six foot blonde single woman aged between 35 and 45...) but maybe, just maybe, you'll fly the Ka350i.

The depth is the same as in most of our product line. Very good to excellent with no failures or "mechanics" fixing your plane if it "breaks" down. I suggest that you "buy to try" one of our other products. This will give you a fair idea of what to expect. You can always return it within 30 days if you wish for any reason at all. Including that I was rude.

We will be doing hot starts and all the other stuff that turbos are known for.

As far as Bernt quitting, it was and remains his choice. I didn't ask or force him to leave contrary to what he or others might say. Our door is open to him should he wish to return as long he follows the company rules like everyone else.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

They don't know, so why would they make a time frame up?  That's more honest than "it's in beta and it will be ready in XXX days."  And then they blow through that estimate (like all of flight sim developers btw if you're new here), and customers raise up their arms in outrage!  lol....

There's nothing rude about saying "it's ready when it's ready."  

Read my post again Ryan. My beta example didn't ask for xxx days , it was an example of how to keep rapport with your client without a day by day commitment. Anything is better than 'whens its ready" . the thread is just 2 pages , no need to be impersonal

Software developers are great at what they do well, speaking to the public is not one them but that's just the nature of the beast its a geek thing. there are exclusions though, Steve from IFlight and Bryan from fs2crew amongst others are on the ball big time.

Anyway Ive said what I needed and don't want to derail the thread so Im off for good .

ZORAN

"@zoran. I responded in EXACTLY the way you asked down to the syllable"

I missed your post

I didnt ask you anything, Its in the FSx General forum , a quick question directed at the simmers , you chose to join the forum and respond as the developer. 

Im surprised that you cant see that you left me with nothing at all and went out of your way to reply. 

Zoran

ZORAN

The imagery is not in sim. However, it will look exactly the same and be fully adjustable and will not have a deleterious effect on frames.

@zoran. You asked a question: When will it be out? Who else would know the answer but the dev making it? So I answered using the same tone and stance as you did asking the question. You then responded rather rudely with "whatever". I don't let my kid say whatever, don't say it myself and that's because it's rude. One step away from "speak to the hand"...

So, don't expect an apology from me on this one.

I'm done on this subject. Back on topic.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Jeeprs! I bought the B732 based on the cockpit lighting (absolutely no regrets BTW!). Looks like I'll be on the hook for another MilViz aircraft. :unsure:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

@zoran. I responded in EXACTLY the way you asked down to the syllable.

Quite honestly, if you ask that way, that's the answer you get. I'm not known for being a sales rep or even a nice guy. I am, however, known for being honest, direct and, most importantly, for making quality aircraft.

Your call. If you've never bought nothing from us to date then obviously I don't need to allow myself, my team or my company to be treated in any way but respectfully. Sure, I'd love you to buy our stuff but in the end it should be based not on ME but on product quality. You're not, after all, going to be flying me much (unless you're a six foot blonde single woman aged between 35 and 45...) but maybe, just maybe, you'll fly the Ka350i.

The depth is the same as in most of our product line. Very good to excellent with no failures or "mechanics" fixing your plane if it "breaks" down. I suggest that you "buy to try" one of our other products. This will give you a fair idea of what to expect. You can always return it within 30 days if you wish for any reason at all. Including that I was rude.

I respect developers who dont take flak from customers who needle them.

Well said Milviz, you just gained a sale you lost to the other guy.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You're not, after all, going to be flying me much (unless you're a six foot blonde single woman aged between 35 and 45...)

That has to be the best thing I've read in a long time, here or anywhere else!

Jeeprs! I bought the B732 based on the cockpit lighting (absolutely no regrets BTW!). Looks like I'll be on the hook for another MilViz aircraft.

Funny, the preview video for the night lighting on the 732 almost won me over on the spot as well, and I rarely fly at night!  I did end up with the 732, but in the end it was the included liveries that won me over.  ^_^ 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I did end up with the 732, but in the end it was the included liveries that won me over.

I'm not much of a liveries guy myself - I like to keep my hangar tidy so I usually only keep on livery per aircraft configuration. But hey... whatever floats your boat! :good:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

At this point in time, most of the pieces of the kit have been delivered to my doorstep. I'm currently at the stage of "a lot of assembly is required..." :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

At this point in time, most of the pieces of the kit have been delivered to my doorstep. I'm currently at the stage of "a lot of assembly is required..." :LMAO:

Batteries not included and pieces not sold separately?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this but we put the final night lighting pics up here:  (please scroll down)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/425885-kingair-350i-night-lighting/?p=2850616