Sign in to follow this  
Rayan giggs

FUEL CUT OFF choice not found to control it by toggle switch !

Hello friends

Hope everyone here is okay....

I have toggle switch panel now and i need to use 4 toggle switched to set as a FUEL CUT OFF's.

I research about that choice to change its control to my toggle switched but i don't found it [ also that occur in FSUIPC (not found the choice) ]

Cananyone help please ?

Thx.

Look for "Fuel Valve" in some form I believe.

OK< just checked the FSUIPC4 list of controls:

TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ALL  66493  
TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1  66494  
TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG2  66495  
TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG3  66496  
TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG4  66497

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Look for "Fuel Valve" in some form I believe.

OK< just checked the FSUIPC4 list of controls:

TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ALL 66493

TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1 66494

TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG2 66495

TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG3 66496

TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG4 66497

Paul

Hi paul

I test them (FUEL VALVE ALL,1, 2, 3, 4), & they work good.

But it seems the FUEL VALVES (1,2,3,4) is not the FUEL CUTOFF's (okay the FUEL stops but the FUEL CUTOFF's switches which under the throttle imediately not moved when the FUEL VALVES on/off controlled by my toggle switches.

I need to control my FUEL CUTOFF's which they the toggle switches under the throttle quadrant (if u need what i am talken about).

The FUEL CUTOFF's which they use during startup to flow the fuel to the engines.

I NEED TO CONTROL THE FUEL CUTOFD's switches ?

Please any help!!!!!!!!!!

What now ?

For the PMDG 747 I use a Macro with a regesterd version of FSUIPC. Works perfect.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

As Christopher indicated, you probably need to create a MVRO file for the aircraft in question and then

determine the local variables used for those switches.

You can get a list of the L:Vars for each aircraft by temporarily assigning a switch to the

FSUIPC4 command "List local panel variables". When in the cockpit, activating that switch

will dump a list of all the L:Vars to the FSUIPC4 log file.

Most L:Vars have names which can be associated with their function so scan the list

to locate the L:Vars associated with the fuel cut-off switches.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

For the PMDG 747 I use a Macro with a regesterd version of FSUIPC. Works perfect.

Chris.

The MACRO is a good choice, but i think it will be the fix if i use the keyboarf to assigning, but in my case i use the toggle switch (external device) not keyboard, so i don't think the MACRO will help.

As Christopher indicated, you probably need to create a MVRO file for the aircraft in question and then

determine the local variables used for those switches.

You can get a list of the L:Vars for each aircraft by temporarily assigning a switch to the

FSUIPC4 command "List local panel variables". When in the cockpit, activating that switch

will dump a list of all the L:Vars to the FSUIPC4 log file.

Most L:Vars have names which can be associated with their function so scan the list

to locate the L:Vars associated with the fuel cut-off switches.

Paul

Hello again paul, what is the L VARS and how i can get it ?

L:Vars are "local variables"..variables that are used inside the gauge code to perform

operations that are specific to that gauge. They are unique to the gauge/aircraft

where they exist, unlike the 'global' FSX "A:Variables" and "K:events".

As I mentioned in my post above, for each aircraft,, you can get the list of L:Vars

using the FSUIPC4 function "List local panel variables".

Once you find the one(s) you need, you put them in a MCRO file for that aircraft.

This then allows those functions to be assigned to buttons/switches/axis with FSUIPC4.

They will appear in the list of assignable function in the FSUIPC4 drop-down menu

in the Buttons+Switches page.

In order to use the L:Vars in FSUIPC4 you must 'declare' them with then MCRO file.

I suggest you readt the FSUIPC4 "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" document to

find out more about the use of MCRO files and other very useful information.

What aircraft are you attempting to program those switches for?

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Dont know for sure but can't you simply use mixture full and mixture lean 1,2... etc rich and lean assigned to switch. Ive done it for a few cutoff and on switches.?

The MACRO is a good choice, but i think it will be the fix if i use the keyboarf to assigning, but in my case i use the toggle switch (external device) not keyboard, so i don't think the MACRO will help.

Hello again paul, what is the L VARS and how i can get it ?

Who mentioned a keyboard? Not I.

If I understand correctly from your original post. You want to control the Fuel Cutoff switches using toggle switches. This is exactly what I am doing.

I use an FSUIPC Mouse Macro file to control the PMDG 747 FUEL CUTOFF switches using toggle switches on a six lever throttle quadrant which I built myself using a BU836x controler.

I take it you have not used Macro with FSUIPC? It's worth having a go.

Create Mouse Macro using FSUIPC.

The Macro will just be a single mouse click on the FuelCutoff switch of your aircraft.

The name you give the Macro will then appear in the list of Button + Switches -> Control sent when button pressed / released.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

If I understand correctly from your original post. You want to control the Fuel Cutoff switches using toggle switches. This is exactly what I am doing.

I use an FSUIPC Mouse Macro file to control the PMDG 747 FUEL CUTOFF switches using toggle switches on a six lever throttle quadrant which I built myself using a BU836x controler.

The Macro will just be a single mouse click on the FuelCutoff switch of your aircraft.

The name you give the Macro will then appear in the list of Button + Switches -> Control sent when button pressed / released.

Chris.

Hello chris, i try it but it seems the MOUSE MACRO operate only in the 2D cockpit mode, if that is true, so keep in mind the NGX does not contain throttle panel in 2D mode to control the FUEL CUTOFF's by the MOUSE MACRO (which operate only in 2D cockpit).

( like i remember, the PMDG747 had a throttle panel which contain the FUEL CUTOFF's in 2D mode ). But NGX not !!!!

What now to do chris & other friends ?????

L:Vars are "local variables"..variables that are used inside the gauge code to perform

operations that are specific to that gauge. They are unique to the gauge/aircraft

where they exist, unlike the 'global' FSX "A:Variables" and "K:events".

As I mentioned in my post above, for each aircraft,, you can get the list of L:Vars

using the FSUIPC4 function "List local panel variables".

Once you find the one(s) you need, you put them in a MCRO file for that aircraft.

This then allows those functions to be assigned to buttons/switches/axis with FSUIPC4.

They will appear in the list of assignable function in the FSUIPC4 drop-down menu

in the Buttons+Switches page.

In order to use the L:Vars in FSUIPC4 you must 'declare' them with then MCRO file.

I suggest you readt the FSUIPC4 "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" document to

find out more about the use of MCRO files and other very useful information.

What aircraft are you attempting to program those switches for?

Paul

Hi paul , firstly the aircraft is PMDG MD11, NGX, LEVEL D 767 ,and then the PMDG747 & AS A320 EX (if fs labs A320 not released in these months).

Secondly be carful in reading now :

I try all mixtures procedures in the FSUIPC but nothing positive ( they not operate when i assigned them ), the only way is to SELECT FOR KEY PRESS (take the function from the keyboard, & the FUEL CUTOFF's controlled by the FSX BY CTRL+SHIFT+F1 or F2 or F3 or F4), the toggle switch operate but in one way (open only), i can't close the fuel cutoff switch.

I try to set the CTRL SHIFT F2 to key when pressed & CTRL SHIFT F1 to key when released and the result was a negative (when i move my toggle switch up or down two presses occur at the same time ((open & close at the same time)), i can't make a one press when the switch up & i can't make a one press when the switch down.)

I need to make my toggle switch when it up the fuel cutoff open to the engine & when my toggle switch is down the fuel cutoff close the fuel to my engine.

Small note: i try the mouse macros but it seems it operate only in 2D cockpit mode (& in the NGX no throttles panel available in 2D mode).

Chris.

I go to LEVEL D767 (which contain throttle panel in 2D mode).

I start with mouse macro by these steps :

Open FSUIPC ------->key presses------->create mouse macro------>then press okay & i do my macro and named it DLL FUEL 1 Cut.

Then i go back to FSUIPC to end the macro & assign it to my first toggle switch in these steps :

Open FSUIPC -------->key presses-------> end mouse macro------> then i go to the left field in the same page (key presses) to make a searching to the DLL FUEL 1 Cut in list of CONTROL SENT WHEN KEYS PRESSED, but i don't found my entry ( DLL FUEL 1 cut ).

Can you give me any help please in that !!!!!!!!

Which NGX are you using?

Chris.

PMDG 737 ngx, but the essential aircrafts is PMDG MD11, LEVEL D767, AS A320 EX (until the fs labs a320 released), also the PMDG 747 & the amazing PMDG777.

Dont know for sure but can't you simply use mixture full and mixture lean 1,2... etc rich and lean assigned to switch. Ive done it for a few cutoff and on switches.?

Are you tried that before ?