Sign in to follow this  
Remys

Cabin Ready Announcmement

hi,

just one question I noticed that the cabin ready announcement before departure is triggered using time frame and not having the taxi and before take off checklist completed. same applies during the landing.

shouldn't the cabin ready announcement take into consideration that the plane is ready for departure/arrival

thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not necessarily, it is the flight attendants that alert you the cabin is ready. They don't necessarily know the status of your checklist progress. They are simply alerting you they are ready.

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

The cabin crew and the cockpit crew work independently of each other.

If the cockpit crew(flaps/speed/alt...) is ready but the cabin is not the all plane is not ready, and vice versa, in some companies "cabin ready" is an item in the check list.

I have seen A320 delay its approach due to "cabin not ready".

I am a mainline flight attendant in real life with US Airways. Just like Todd mentioned, the Cabin Ready tells the flight deck that all duties in regards to preparing the cabin for takeoff and landing have been done and the flight attendants are in their respective jumpseat. 

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

I am a mainline flight attendant in real life with US Airways. Just like Todd mentioned, the Cabin Ready tells the flight deck that all duties in regards to preparing the cabin for takeoff and landing have been done and the flight attendants are in their respective jumpseat. 

Hi,

Just trying to understand what method of communication is used in the real world, e.g. is it say a button (read electronic message) that you send to the flight deck to let them know that you're ready?

Thanks

Hello blocks-off,

The Ready Cabin button It is a button located in the Flight Attendant Control Panel directly above the jumpseat at the 1L door (this is the most forward door on the pilot side of the aircraft) This button is pushed after all the flight attendants have completed their cabin preparations for takeoff and landing and are seated in their jumpseat. If the button is not pushed, the captain will call the "A" flight attendant (the "A" flight attendant is the head flight attendant in the chain of command of flight attendants or cabin crew) to make sure the cabin and galleys are ready for takeoff/landing.

Hope that answers your question.

I got this picture from the internet… it's one of the Control Panels used by flight attendants. The Cabin Ready button is usually at the bottom right corner of the panel in the Main Menu Screen. This is the type of panels that we use on our Airbuses.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_cYYIjMZbEQA/Sme7ght-_iI/AAAAAAAAC3k/0qjMPISA6ow/s800/IMG_1438.jpg

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

I haven't checked the manuals, but IIRC the PMDG "cabin ready" message is triggered on a time delay after initial flap deployment. (before taxi and during final approach)

Last time I went to Canberra in a Piper Archer, we were holding behind a Qantas 737.

They were at the hold-short point for several minutes before calling ready (probably because the cabin wasn't ready in time during the short taxi out from the gate, which for Qantas is only a few hundred metres at most).