Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

Aerosoft city Los Angeles at night?

I am planning to get Aerosott City Los Angeles. The only thing that stops me from getting my credit card out is lack of night texture. Does that mean at night time, Los Angeles is completely black or FSX would replace it with regular texture?

Danny F

I am planning to get Aerosott City Los Angeles. The only thing that stops me from getting my credit card out is lack of night texture. Does that mean at night time, Los Angeles is completely black or FSX would replace it with regular texture?

Hi, None of Aerosoft's US cities have night textures except for Las Vegas. The reason for this is to keep the price of it low, and development time quick. According to Aerosoft, if they were to develop night textures, it would cost more time and money, and they would lose sales.

Hi, None of Aerosoft's US cities have night textures except for Las Vegas. The reason for this is to keep the price of it low, and development time quick. According to Aerosoft, if they were to develop night textures, it would cost more time and money, and they would lose sales.

So with Aerosoft's US city installed and flying at night time, the city would be completely black. I am thinking if there is some sort of mechanism that would change back to the original fsx night texture.

Danny F

I think Aerosoft just loses sales by selling products that are incomplete and poorly optimized, like most of the US City X series, especially LA. Looks great in the day, especially when you see it one frame at a time. :LMAO: Just a warning.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The reason is they don't want to/lazyness IMO. It takes less time to do a night texture than water masking in most cases. I can understand not including seasons, but not night lighting in a big city, that would be a selling point for most big cities. Just another poor business decision from my POV.

I was impressed with the idea of HD photoreal cities when they first announced them, but have passed on all because of being incomplete products. I could do one with seasons and nightlighting, but the added buildings are the tough part and time waster for me which is why not including a night texture has me confused. Hopefully since it isn't that hard to produce a HD photoreal city, someone else will step and deliver a complete package one day.

Best, Michael

KDFW

I think Aerosoft just loses sales by selling products that are incomplete and poorly optimized, like most of the US City X series, especially LA. Looks great in the day, especially when you see it one frame at a time. :LMAO: Just a warning.

:Monkey: OMG that's funny!  I bought some Aerosoft for SF scenery- hugely disappointed, particularly at night with the black buildings downtown SF business districts!  

I recently  jumped ship and went back to XPlane 10.  The triple-monitors with 180 degrees FOV is a game changer.  Flying into KLAS 1 left at night is jaw-droppingly beautiful.  The strip all lit up, the cars, trucks and trains... something on a level you will never see in FSX - and the flight dynamics ("flight model") all conspired to pull me back, just when I thought I was out...

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel