Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Some shots of the amazing A-Flight Helsinki (sold as Aerosoft Mega Airport Helsinki X)

This is a really special, atmospheric airport, especially in Winter! ........I have always been a huge fan of FlyTampa, but I think this first release from A-Flight possibly surpasses even FlyTampa quality.

11111110.jpg

22222210.jpg

55555510.jpg

66666610.jpg

66666611.jpg

88888810.jpg

99999910.jpg

Hey Dave thanks for sharing , beautiful detail and textures, if its FT quality I am definately interested! Cheers.

Looks like something one would try on top of the ORBX triple-product .. the one of the Iceland demo deal...

When I read the material that Aerosoft put on their web store about this product I was left with the impression tat is not DX-10 compatible .. but maybe I am wrong.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Great shots Dave!

One question though:

Do You use DX10 here and is this great looking scenery DX10 compatible?

I have to ask, because i'd really be interested in purchasing this scenery but as Aerosoft does obvisouly not care to much about a DX10 compatibiity of their disitributed sceneries, i hope it is okay if i may ask You here directly!

Cheers, Christoph

Dave - amazing.

I love FT.  How's this one performing for you?

Hey Jas,

It performs far better than you would think, from the visual quality! ..... I would say it performs on par with FlyTampa Athens or Vienna......   Not quite as frame friendly as Dubai, but not far off! ...... In every way, the airport is comparable with FlyTampa quality;  if I had not known who had made it and was asked to guess I would have 100% said FlyTampa.    Of course my awe of this airport takes nothing away from FlyTampa, who I'd still rate as the best scenery developer out there ........ I own everything they have ever released, for FS9 and FSX. :smile:

Great shots Dave!

One question though:

Do You use DX10 here and is this great looking scenery DX10 compatible?

I have to ask, because i'd really be interested in purchasing this scenery but as Aerosoft does obvisouly not care to much about a DX10 compatibiity of their disitributed sceneries, i hope it is okay if i may ask You here directly!

Cheers, Christoph

Hi Christoph, I'm afraid the above is in DX9;  I don't use DX10 as I don't get good results with my ATI hardware (HD 7850 2GB).  I get a significant FPS drop with DX10.  :(     This scenery is made by a brand new entrant to the scenery scene though;  A-Flight    .... so it's not made by the usual German team who make a lot of the Aerosoft airports, and who don't tend to build in DX10 compatibility.

Here is A-Flight's direct webiste ---->  http://www.a-flight.com/

Perhaps they can advise you regarding DX10.

Cheers!

Hey Jas,

It performs far better than you would think, from the visual quality! ..... I would say it performs on par with FlyTampa Athens or Vienna......   Not quite as frame friendly as Dubai, but not far off! ...... In every way, the airport is comparable with FlyTampa quality;  if I had not known who had made it and was asked to guess I would have 100% said FlyTampa.    Of course my awe of this airport takes nothing away from FlyTampa, who I'd still rate as the best scenery developer out there ........ I own everything they have ever released, for FS9 and FSX. :smile:

Hi Christoph, I'm afraid the above is in DX9;  I don't use DX10 as I don't get good results with my ATI hardware (HD 7850 2GB).  I get a significant FPS drop with DX10.   :(     This scenery is made by a brand new entrant to the scenery scene though;  A-Flight    .... so it's not made by the usual German team who make a lot of the Aerosoft airports, and who don't tend to build in DX10 compatibility.

Here is A-Flight's direct webiste ---->  http://www.a-flight.com/

Perhaps they can advise you regarding DX10.

Cheers!

Hi Dave!

Thank You very much for Your informative reply!

Very much appreciated!

I will check out A-Flight's site directly now!

Cheers, Christoph

Hey Jas,

Dave,

Thanks mate for the info.  Just purchased and downloaded.  Will install tonight and check it out.

Thanks again.

I too enjoy this scenery but with all the options enabled it was a VAS hog and caused some OOM issues. So the high res textures had to go.

Great shots BTW!

They released a patch which dealt with my OOM errors. I love the colour warmth of the product even though it may look overdone to some people. FPS-wise no issues. Recommended.

I too enjoy this scenery but with all the options enabled it was a VAS hog and caused some OOM issues. So the high res textures had to go.

Great shots BTW!

Are you on the up to date version Al, because as Brzl said, they released a fix for that.   I don't quite have all the options activated but I have most, and I don't get any OOMs (even in the NGX, T7, etc)... and I have a pretty naff graphics card! :smile:

Yeah I have that patch Dave :lol:

Like I said I had to use the lower res textures to get acceptable VAS levels. And I agree, it is a fantastic scenery.