Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

What's out there that makes airports more realistic?

I know there's a few things out there (the one by aerosoft is an example) but can't remember for the life of me what they are called. I also hope for something that updates the out of date airports to what they currently look like. I don't spend long enough at any specific airport to bother buying single airports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is nothing that will make all your our of date airports look more up to date except individual airport scenery packages. There are texture replacement packages for various aspects of textures used at default airports, and then there are some airport services products like AES or Ground Services X which provide typical ground services (visual, animations etc) for your aircraft, the latter (GSX) works at any airport in the FSX world.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

If you own REX then some of the textures are updated such as taxiways. AI traffic does what it says on the tin, which of course will add immensely to the immsersion and realism factor. As has already been mentioned, GSX or AES can also add to the realism of things. Apart from that, it's new airports I'm afraid... although there is a texture replacement product somewhere on the market, but to be honest I have no idea how good it is and suspect it only works with default airports.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I think the OP may be talking about Ultimate Airport Environment X. There is also Airport Enhancer HDX which does some of the things REX does. I do not have either products, so I don't know how good they are. There is also a product called AOX that I read is being developed that would supposedly improve default airport textures.

I would suggest looking at bundles or packages like World Airports 3 and 4... that is, if you can stand Imaginesim (I think they are ok, but some hate their products and I do understand why). Another idea would be the FSDT multi-purchase deal. I forget what it is, but there is a price break when purchasing more than one. Of course there is also Blueprint Sceneries...

Like others have already mentioned.  There is no add on that will update your airports, unless you buy the actual airport scenery (you can find freeware as well).

If you want your airport buildings to look nicer, there is Airport Environment X by Zinertek.  I don't have the FSX version at the moment, just FS9, but it does improve on the default airport buildings.  Not a night and day difference, but a definite improvement over default.

-) There's GSX (works on all airports) and AES (works on selected pay- and freeware airports) to enhance your time on the ground. Those two supply pax busses, catering truck etc to your parking position, and create some nice atmosphere.

-) Ground X Traffic bsically replaces the deafult airpotr vehicles by some much better looking ones, and there are regional differences as well.

-) As has been mentioned already, there are addons like REX, which replace the default ground textures, hence also create a nicer environment.

-) Taxisigns HD offers more realistic taxi signs.

-) None of the above will help against out of date airports. They will, however, make your default airports look a lot better. The "ultimate realism" can only be achieved by buying airport addons.

-) There's GSX (works on all airports) and AES (works on selected pay- and freeware airports) to enhance your time on the ground. Those two supply pax busses, catering truck etc to your parking position, and create some nice atmosphere.

I know AES, where can I find GSX?  I thought it was for Traffic X 360 only?

Does it provide better frames than default ground traffic?

Thanks

I know AES, where can I find GSX?

GSX (by FSDreamteam) does more or less the same as AES, except that it is not as much customized as AES, but it works on every single airport. It's got nothing to do with Traffic X (or any other AI traffic addon), it's only for user aircraft.

Did you mean Ground X Traffic instead?

That one's available from simmarket (exclusively, I believe), and it's also not limited to any AI addon, works fine with AI (except for Traffic 360, as that one adds its own new groundvehicle, but to be honest). Can't comment on frame rates, but I doubt there's much a difference.

GSX (by FSDreamteam) does more or less the same as AES, except that it is not as much customized as AES, but it works on every single airport. It's got nothing to do with Traffic X (or any other AI traffic addon), it's only for user aircraft.

Did you mean Ground X Traffic instead?

That one's available from simmarket (exclusively, I believe), and it's also not limited to any AI addon, works fine with AI (except for Traffic 360, as that one adds its own new groundvehicle, but to be honest). Can't comment on frame rates, but I doubt there's much a difference.

Thank you for the link on Ground Traffic X.  I do most of my shopping at simmarket and somehow missed it.

Now looking at the price, I wonder if I should try out Traffic 360 or go with GTX?  Their priced almost the same if I buy the boxed version of 360 from the aviation shop I go to.

I'm using UT2 at the moment.  I'll have to check out some vids and pics of Traffic 360 and see how the models compare.

Thanks

Small advise from a Traffic 360 user:

Cancel Traffic 360, take the free WoAI, and buy either GSX or AES.

Best regards/schöne Grüße

Werner

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

Small advise from a Traffic 360 user:
Cancel Traffic 360, take the free WoAI, and buy either GSX or AES.

+1

It's probably not bad if it's your first package, but since Maurice said he already uses UT2, I think the benefits of Traffic 360 are marginal (if any). I bought it a few weeks ago in a sale and had to say I didn't like it too much. Yes, the many different liveries do look cool, makes airports much more colorful than the more or less "one livery per airline" paint schemes of MTX, but that's all I like about Traffic 360.

I have Airport Enhancer HDX by (I think) Cielosim ........... it's very, how shall I say.... subtle!

Does improve taxiway and runway textures quite a bit though, at the default airports.

Thanks for the heads up on Traffic 360, guys.

I'm interested in getting better looking ground traffic at default airports.  I will probably get GTX.