Sign in to follow this  
Parker Watkins

Just Flight's Traffic 360

This is more of a help me forum than anything, but if anyone has this product... how do you go about with all the problems it has?? Planes trying to land no where near an airport (just witnessed a 767 skimming the earth about 8 miles out of Denver intl), no gates at smaller airports (specifically Eppley airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, where I live), the stupid overlaying flight plans of the damned ATA, American, and whatever the **** Merican is, and finally the abundance of defunct airlines. If anyone know how to improve this product please help.

If anyone know how to improve this product please help.

I haven't experienced any of the problems you've mention?  

Traffic 360 is powerful product, you can edit your own Fleet Database and liveries. Make your own schedules with any number of carriers (or exclude carriers and/or build carrier fleets to your liking) and then generate traffic flight plans.

Are you using The Traffic Control Centre that comes with Traffic 360?

The biggest flaw I see in the product is the Traffic Control Centre user interface ... it's not very well thought out.  For example, MUCH of what can be edited/added/changed requires a right-click in their ListBoxes (displays aircraft, schedules, etc. - just about any listbox) which will then open the door to it's features via a context sensitive floating menu.  There is absolutely NO visual clue to indication that these features exist at all.  

But this happens a lot with FSX 3rd party products, documentation is a must read from start to finish.  I certainly encourage the reading of documentation, but a user interface should always be able to cover the basics without the need to resort to documentation.

Rob.

Bought it, binned it, went to Woai.....

I had issues with airports being out of place (though nothing close to 8 miles), traffic appearing at all the parking spots and not moving, landing traffic disappearing because there was nowhere for them to go, old models/liveries appearing at the wrong time despite setting up their cutoff dates... 2 weeks of back and forth with their support people solved nothing, in the end I decided not to waste any more time on it...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

I have it and do not experience any problems except the sound volume of some ai aircraft being much to loud. This was supposed to be fixed in the last service patch, but wasn't.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I have it and do not experience any problems except the sound volume of some ai aircraft being much to loud. This was supposed to be fixed in the last service patch, but wasn't

I've been trying to locate the sound files they use and re-sample them to a lower volume ... I couldn't find any so I'm guessing they use the default FSX sounds and then hard code some output level ... would be nice if they provided some option to adjust the level.

I bought it when it was on sale for only $7 USD, and even then I found it to be a waste of money. Awful AI models, horribly unrealistic flightplans, all sorts of mismatched/fake/outdated aircraft (KLM CRJ-200s  and Northwest Dash-8s for example). I just uninstalled the whole thing and went back to WOAI, which I highly recommend. Set aside a day or so to download and install all the packages from the site, then learn a bit about how to manually install 3rd party (non-WOAI) flightplans for the missing airlines. You'll get fantastic, realistic worldwide AI coverage all for $0.00

Would there be a way to use the GA and millitary from Traffic 360 in combination with WOAI? I dont want to install Traffic 360 again though because otherwise the ground textures flash (only at certain airports), the taxiways dont show progressive taxi, when you hover the mouse over an instrument it doesn't show the instruments name, and landing lights no longer reflect on the ground. I'd still like to use all the GA and military AI from traffic 360 but without installing it if that's possible.

If you haven't checked it out, give Flight1's Ultimate Traffic 2 a look.  It is the most realistic of the AI programs, as it uses real world schedules, with the appropriate livery/aircraft types flying to their real destinations as seen in the real world.  You won't see Ryanair flying in the U.S., or defunct carriers popping up. 

There are a million other reasons to choose UT2, including a very full featured, but easy to use, user interface that allows you to change paints or models, and the ability to hide unseen traffic to increase performance.  The only downside for you is there is no military traffic, and the GA traffic is not very good.  But in that case, you can just get WOAI flightplans for the GA and military traffic, and use UT2 just for the commercial carriers.

You can try out a demo to see what the program offers, and there is a 30 day money back guarantee if things don't work out for you.   Not too many addon vendors offer the same level of support and piece of mind.   No, i'm not a paid spokesperson, but I am an AI nut, and even though I prefer the DIY approach and enjoy installing AI myself, the UT2 program makes it so easy for anyone to add very realistic AI airline traffic to the sim.