Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

APU bleed valve fault

As said before, things fail. It is then the pilots job to press the "Checklist" button. You should have had an EICAS message so the corresponding ECL will open when you press that button. In there it will tell you exactly what to do.

There is no such thing as having a failure and just trying again or not checking the ECL!

Yes I know I tried that, but there was no checklist available, as people said here it simply means that there is no air pressure and I can't operate any function to regain the failed bleed valve.

I didn't know that things could fail like this, so I thought it was something I had done, but next time I will handle it like RW... But before you blow a vain, just remember this is a computer simulation, I can do what ever I want...

It's under pneumatics iirc.

APU restart won't help. As I said earlier, failures are not condition based and won't occur more often if you abuse the plane.

So it was a random fault? Ok I get it I thought this failure feature worked in a different way

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It is random in the sence that condition and use isn't taken into account, but I avoided using the word random because that wouldn't be doing justice to what PMDG provided.

They aquired information on mean time to failure for all these parts. That is, they worked out how reliable they are and used this as part of the service based failure simulation. So while a failure, be it engine failure or APU bleed valve failure, will occur 'randomly', the mean time to failure of an engine is much longer than the APU bleed valve, so the engine is much less likely to fail even with the randomness.

I didn't know that things could fail like this, so I thought it was something I had done, but next time I will handle it like RW... But before you blow a vain, just remember this is a computer simulation, I can do what ever I want...

Of cource you can do what you want. I have posted many times that in FSX the user should do as he pleases.

But my responses will be explaining how it is handled in real life.

Oh....and next time you should phrase that a little different. I and others are helping you in our free time!

And just like you can do what you want, I can choose who I help next time and who not!

Anyway, a failed APU bleed valve comes with EICAS "BLEED OFF APU" message.

Forgetting to turn the switch on (normally, per default it should be on) results in the same message.

This is simulated by PMDG but I have not checked if it is simulated correctly.

For the above EICAS message there is no checklist itmes to do.

So When you press the checklist button is does not open with a non normal checklist.

However you can still find it in the ECL (and QRH) if you look for it.

And it will tell you what the problem is.

Rob Robson