Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

RealAir Turbine Duke or Piston Duke V2?

Never crossed my mind to get the legacy, it's a bit of an alien aircraft to me...

I have heard of the citation, and had been googling trying to find something of a good high end bizjet.  However, most of the returns I get is quite outdated.  So I guess this question should be asked at a regular interval to make sure we don't miss any potential good releases ;)

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/cessna-and-the-citations-r1480

Latest info for FSX.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yes Ray does nice reviews!

Bizjets.... Full size jets just really don't exist in FSX. Huge shame IMHO.

You're only choice is the ES C750 - excellent for its time. Great systems, RNAV/FMS (navigraph support), quick and powerful acft etc. But dated flat graphics.

Technically you could get the iFly 737 BBJ or fly the PMDG as a BBJ (that's what I do).

Other than those you have a few lite products from just flight (hawker), Wilco etc.

Then you've got lite Xtreme Lear 20 series (decent). Flight1 Mustang (moderate systems but excellent G1000 with navigraph) but slow plane and fps hog. Their recent King air 200 is a better choice (almost same speed, better fps perf, better G1000 sim, good systems sim).

Then you're back to ES with their Citation line.... Similar situation as the C750 though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I agree with Ryan, a huge potential seems to exist for a high end development to embrace the Bizjets genre, and produce a real high end classing business jet.        The Eaglesofts were knig of the day, and I still fly the CX 2.0 now and again as it's flying characterstics, sound and systems are fantastic, but it's far from state of the art, graphics wise, for 2013.

One day maybe!

The Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 20 series might be worth a look for anyone seeking a bizjet. It's a bit of step back in time - no autothrottle or FMS, but it's very well done. And very easy on FPS.

Also, if you don't mind using pop-up 2D windows to make parts of the VC usable, then the freeware Falcon 50 might be worth a look. It's an absolute joy to fly.

Didn't someone recently announce they are actively working on a new Dassault Falcon 7X for FSX?

Oh crap.  I just googled it and it is coming from Wilco.  Pass me by.  Dawg gone it.

Regards,

Ray

Wilco... I know'

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yep, it's licenced by Dassault too .......someone didn't do there homework ...........  :blush:

Yes Ray does nice reviews!

Bizjets.... Full size jets just really don't exist in FSX. Huge shame IMHO.

You're only choice is the ES C750 - excellent for its time. Great systems, RNAV/FMS (navigraph support), quick and powerful acft etc. But dated flat graphics.

Technically you could get the iFly 737 BBJ or fly the PMDG as a BBJ (that's what I do).

Other than those you have a few lite products from just flight (hawker), Wilco etc.

Then you've got lite Xtreme Lear 20 series (decent). Flight1 Mustang (moderate systems but excellent G1000 with navigraph) but slow plane and fps hog. Their recent King air 200 is a better choice (almost same speed, better fps perf, better G1000 sim, good systems sim).

Then you're back to ES with their Citation line.... Similar situation as the C750 though.

When I get the urge to fly a BizJet I seem to automatically call up the Flight1 Mustang.  Kinda feels right, for some reason.  Maybe we can tweak the airfile for more speed and repaint it as the M2.  I guess we just have to imagine the panel updates.

Ray

I would get the Flight1 Kingair B200

The Flight1 KA B200 is a great choice, just not a jet.

Ray

True but almost as fast as the Mustang at altitude.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

True but almost as fast as the Mustang at altitude.

Yep, that is true - plenty fast with the mods and plenty of headroom in the cabin.

Ray

In the P3D forum someone had it working.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I would like to see Flight1 take a crack at the new Citation M2.  An extra 60 knots cruise would be impressive and the panel is probably workable for FSX.

Ray