Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Nvidia GTX780 DX10 experience (please share)

Hi,

I am going to recieve my new EVGA SC ACX GTX780 today and i will properly have to re-install everything so time may be on my side but in the meen time i would like to know if you will share , contribute with your FSX.CFG´s and NI settings as well with this chip  .

FSX.CFG for the T7/NGX

FSX.CFG for VFR flying 

I dont know if you have the same setup with DX10 Fixer and NI regardless of IFR/VFR but feel very free to share . 

Many thanks in advance :-)

You can pm me if you feel like it 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi!

So....the 7970 DX10-"fix" caught up to you, eh...? :-)

I'll post mine a bit later today. I use the same cfg for both VFR and tubelining as I now get my 30fps in pretty much all situations I've tested. I have yet to test but will try EGLL and KJFK as I suspect they will be a bit harder on my fps, but I no longer fear going much under 20, even at high traffic airports with UT2 at 70%:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Hi!

So....the 7970 DX10-"fix" caught up to you, eh...? :-)

I'll post mine a bit later today. I use the same cfg for both VFR and tubelining as I now get my 30fps in pretty much all situations I've tested. I have yet to test but will try EGLL and KJFK as I suspect they will be a bit harder on my fps, but I no longer fear going much under 20, even at high traffic airports with UT2 at 70%:-)

Yeah i sold my 7970 leaving with test- working okay (+5hours) but i quess i am not going to regret. Thanks looking forward then :-)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I just ordered an EVGA GTX780 TI and will report back when it's installed and working.  It's looks to be quite a card!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

My GTX780 works like a dream but I still need to find a realistic Sweetfx  preset for FSX. I am looking for one with a haze effect with a darkish, deep blueish tint.

Paul

i will properly have to re-install everything

You shouldn't need to re-install everything.  Just download the latest drivers from nVidia, uninstall your current video drivers, shut down the PC, install the new 780 hardware in the PC, boot up, then install the nVidia drivers you downloaded earlier.

Rob

You shouldn't need to re-install everything.  Just download the latest drivers from nVidia, uninstall your current video drivers, shut down the PC, install the new 780 hardware in the PC, boot up, then install the nVidia drivers you downloaded earlier.

Rob

Last time i did a replacement Windows believed it was a major hardware change and would not open without a reinstall so i have to see if i can overcome that today 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Last time i did a replacement Windows believed it was a major hardware change and would not open without a reinstall so i have to see if i can overcome that today

A video card change shouldn't trigger that, that is typically triggered by CPU or Motherboard change.

Well It did but not this time . Jubii

now remember my first post Please

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Should NI always run before running fsx.exe or is it always loaded ? Half

refreshrate should give me 30 fps but i see 40fps right now. I that correct ? My Monitor is 60hz

Thanks

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

If you set up Inspector as in this pic, and set 30 as the locked framerate in FSX - then you will see 30 in the top left-hand corner of the screen when flying (Shift-Z).

Inspector will automatically sense the fsx.exe starting, and will set the video parameters to your fsx profile settings.

pj 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

If you set up Inspector as in this pic, and set 30 as the locked framerate in FSX - then you will see 30 in the top left-hand corner of the screen when flying (Shift-Z).

Inspector will automatically sense the fsx.exe starting, and will set the video parameters to your fsx profile settings.

pj 

Thanks Poul

I was thinking it was a FPS limiter (half refresh rate) Overlooked the FSX option inside.

So far i think the performance is extremely smooth but for some reason when i undock my FMC for my CDUII and paste it to a another screen my fps would drop from 50 to 20 which was not the case with AMD. It would only drop 2fps . Any ideers ? Same goes for PFD/ND in the NGX to another screen btw.

Newest drivers installed btw.

Edit:

Every circlus 25-30 seconds the FPS will return to the normal 50 or 30fps. Thats wierd is it not ? 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

now remember my first post Please

Don't know what this means, but a video card change will not require you "re-install everything".  I'm 100% positive of this as I've changed video cards many many times.

i undock my FMC for my CDUII and paste it to a another screen my fps would drop from 50 to 20

Do you have Mutli-montior display set correctly in your vNidia Control Panel?  I have mine set to Single because I only use one monitor with FSX, but if you use multiple monitors you want to change this setting to Multi:

Thanks. I will test it . Problem is also with undocking panels moved to another screen. Frames jumbs every 15-25 seconds frome for instance 35 to 20 and vice versa

I am using hdmi for main. Dvi for a 17 LCD and displayport with active vga adapter for the CDUII. Should this be ok? Moving panels to another screen still gives me massiv frame drop every 15-25 seconds

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I desided to make a total new and clean install but i still have huge fps drops and jumbing fps when undocking panels so a reinstall did not do any good.

Help please. Try move gauges like the GPS from Default Cessna to another LCD and watch what is going on.

Hmm using only one Monitor and undocking also looses FPS but it does not jumb up and down every 25 seconds

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png