Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

PC Aviator credit card purchases

For anyone buying from PC Aviator please be aware that I was unable to purchase PFPX this morning using my credit card. When I phoned my CC company and asked what "This transaction has been declined. (Reason Code 2 / Sub 1)" meant they said it relates to the 3 digit number on the back of the card.

I know I entered it correctly so sent a message to PC Aviator so they're aware of the problem. I paid with my PayPal account instead.

If anyone from PC Aviator sees this message they might want to bring it to the attention of the right people. With the PFPX sale ending today it would be unfortunate if fans were unable to buy it with their credit card.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Not sure what is going on there... There are orders in the system paid by credit card immediately before and at least half a dozen right after that have gone through fine??

Actually, looking at the error code in more detail, it may be that the AVS system used by major credit card systems had just timed out or was temporarily unavailable at the time you placed the orders. This happens now and then (links between services or verification servers drop out here and there, but are usually quickly re-established etc).

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi,

Thanks for your post. It was bizarre because I've used a credit card for dozens of purchases over the years and never seen that problem. I made the transaction around 0900GMT so it was the middle of the night over in the US. And it looks like I was the only 'victim'.

Anyway, PayPal came to the rescue and I've had a busy day getting to grips with PFPX. Thanks once again. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

It is rare, but it can happen. Just one of the cons of a connected world I guess in that sometimes, the connection drops momentarily. First-world problems etc! If you had missed the deal but already lodged a few order attempts during the deal period that didn't make it through for these types of technical reasons, we would have still offered the product to you at the lower price (it's only fair!).

Paypal is a handy backup in these cases however.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Nice to know I wouldn't have missed out on what was a great deal. Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on your site because you do have some great offers.

Interesting that Aerosoft never had the discount on their own website. Still for sale yesterday at the full price of nearly 50 Euros. Ouch!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather