Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Here's a very dumb O/TQuestion...

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Here's the deal. I'm in the avsim library,(any where for that matter). But I click on the download button and I automaticly download the file to a temp folder, If I close the folder that pops-up after download it is gone and it will have to be redownloaded. The option of saving it somewhere doesn't exist. How in the world can I change it back to be able to be able to select the destination point for what I am downloading???While I'm off the subject, so to speak, The autocomplete function doesn't work, for screennames/passwords in such. The box is checked in Internet Explorer. If is checked to ask to save passwords. I get the window, click yes save password. But next time into the website, I have to reenter everything again, at it will agian ask do I want to save password? Any help here????I am running WindowsXP Home. The password thing has never work since on XP, and the download thing worked but then quit.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest glnflwrs

P3 SB, It sounds like when you click on the link to the zip file XP opens the zip. When you close the window it closes the zip. Try right clicking the download link and then select "Save target as..." In the window that pops up select a directory and click the save button. That should put the zip file in that directory. Try it. It might do the trick. It does for me.Glenn

Guest cloudtops

Don't know if this will fix what's wrong or not, and I'm running XP Pro (not Home), but let's give it a whirl...Open My ComputerFrom the menu bar, select Tools > Folder OptionsOn the File Types tab, select ZIP - Compressed (zipped) folderPress the Advanced button to bring up the Edit File Type boxMake sure that Confirm open after download is checkedIf it's not checked, then doing so may well solve your problem.Hope this helps,Kevin

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Glenn, Kevin Thanks to both of you. Glenn's idea was how I was downloading, though this way is a big pain in the butt at avsim with their set-up.Kevin, The box was unchecked, I checked it, and now when I click download I agian get the prompt to choose where I would like to save the file.Thanks, again.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child