Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

iFly 737NG

HI Folks. Can anybody please tell me, why, when my FMC in my 737-800NG is showing 5.6 fuel at destination, I keep getting a message saying ' Using RSV Fuel' It pops up at the bottom of FMC every 10 mins or so. Most annoying.

Cheers

John

Hi ,

If your reserve is greater than your landing fuel prediction,that is why you are getting that message.

The typical reserve on a NG is 1.9/2.0 and with that fuel you will not get the message.If your landing fuel is less than your reserve as shown in the FMC it means that you will use up some of the reserve fuel and could be in breach of the saftey regulations in force.

Landing fuel should always be greater than your reserve.

As Norman said, if you are planning to land with 5.6, your reserve will need to be less than 5.6, otherwise the FMC is telling you you're eating into the final reserve you planned to have on board after landing. But you can change the reserve figure while in flight, just go to the FMC/CDU and input a figure less than 5.6. (Typically 2.0), then the FMC/CDU will stop nagging you!

Eugene