Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Why am I getting constant reloads?

Threads like this represent a refreshing antidote to the mild depression i feel when i encounter yet another posting that nosedives into negativity and plain old fashioned bad manners. Threads like this are the essence of what is good about our hobby ...

I hope you mean off?

oops my logic dyslexia again...yes turned "off"!

Thank you Dave for asking and the others replying in this thread.

I suffer from this annoying feature aswell and had the "Time Sync"-option ticked in FSUIPC.
Hopefully it goes away now.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Thank you Dave for asking and the others replying in this thread.

I suffer from this annoying feature aswell and had the "Time Sync"-option ticked in FSUIPC.

Hopefully it goes away now.

Thanks guys. Been having the same problem since I upgraded Processor and GPU to GTX780. I thought I was maybe pushing too much on the system. Sure enough Time sync checked. LOL!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Remember that pressing Pause key or slew also stops the FS clock.. hence lag in time.

Well done all, and to those that suggested the actual fix. Good result for the OP (and others it seems too!)

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Aivlasofts EFB also has an option to keep the clock in sync with UTC, it's in the data providers settings somewhere if I remember correctly and it will exhibit the exact same symptoms.

Cheers, Andy.

Gents,

I also have the clock synced option set in FSUIPC and get these occasional reloads. Has anyone mentioned this to Pete Dowson on his forum? http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

I know Pete uses this option himself so he's the best person to discuss it with. He's away until Monday week but it would be interesting to hear his view on it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you want your clock to stay in sync with your PC clock via FSUIPC, FSRealTime or EFB etc, then you will get this reloading happening when the time difference meets the set time drift limit, there is no way around it other than turning the option off. So there is nothing to discuss with Pete or anyone else. Knowing Pete's documents it will be explained in detail in the manual.

Cheers, Andy.

Although keeping FSX sync'ed with real time would be good, I really can't understand how anyone could cope with the resultanting constant reloads of the sim.   Mine was reloading every 2-3 minutes, with this option ticked (accidentally) in FSUIPC!

According to the FSUIPC4 user guide FSX loses time compared to the system clock as Brian suggests. I had the option on with the minutes value set to 5. I've now changed it to 2. I'll see if that makes any difference on a flight from Venice to Cairo.

I agree it's annoying but I do like the FSX clock to agree with the system time. Keeping that minute value low should keep the seconds sync'd and prevent a texture reload.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

During my 3 hour flight from Venice to Cairo I never experienced a single texture reload with 2 in the minutes box and the synch option ticked. :smile:

I stayed away from the menu but it should still be possible to access it for brief periods without causing a reload.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That's interesting Ray.   I think I was in and out of the menu a few times yesterday, when I was experiencing the constant reloads due to time sync, and I definitely paused at least once when nature called! :lol:  ...... so perhaps when used judicially, the function does have it's uses.

Dave,

What you've described there would certainly cause texture reloads. What value did you have in the minutes field?

This thread has been useful because I too was concerned about the reloads. I thought it might be connected to a frozen BIOS clock problem but fortunately wasn't. It just required a bit of experimentation with the minutes value.

I think the golden rule to avoid reloads is to minimise access to menu items and of course, pausing the sim. I too have to leave FSX unattended to go to the little boy's room but I just leave it to the a/p. :Big Grin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, I believe I had a value of '5' in the field.

It is good to know that the function can work well, with the right value (2) and some concerted focus not to pause or use the menu.    There certainly are some occasions where I'd like to stay with real time...  but at this point, I've just unticked for now. Big%20Grin.gif