Sign in to follow this  
afraj

PMDG 777 Yes Or No

I have been really busy with work and life and I am now looking to purchase this beautiful looking product, here is the question

Is it worth the price of $90

"Worth" is a relative term and will vary depending on the person forking over the money.  It is arguably the best aircraft simulation ever created for FSX.  If you are going to to without some meals because of the $90 then it's not worth it if however, $90 is hardly going to make a dent in your budget then it's an easy decision.  The question also might be is what would you buy with that $90 if you didn't buy this.  Any real FSX enthusiasts MUST HAVE the PMDF 777 IMO.

if you have to go into debt to buy it.. DON'T!

I have it, ,I think it is awesome.. but I don't fly it.. why?  I'm just not into heavies that much.. once in a while I'll take it around the patch.. maybe someday I'll fly it.. I'm into GA stuff

Ciao!

If you are a hard core simmer, with a high end machine, then I would go for it.  What other add-on planes do you have?   

Paul Gugliotta

It's amazing, worth every penny. But depends on what you like to fly! If you're more of a low and slow kind of guy, the 777 is not for you! If you like planning a long flight, looking at charts, calculating fuel requirements, then the 777 is made for you.

Alexis Mefano

"Worth" is a relative term and will vary depending on the person forking over the money.  It is arguably the best aircraft simulation ever created for FSX.  If you are going to to without some meals because of the $90 then it's not worth it if however, $90 is hardly going to make a dent in your budget then it's an easy decision.  The question also might be is what would you buy with that $90 if you didn't buy this.  Any real FSX enthusiasts MUST HAVE the PMDF 777 IMO.

+1 .... very well said Philip.

Also like Brian, I too have it but rarely fly it as it is just not an aircraft I like at all in the real world. I was always going to buy it though because I buy almost everything! ... if I hadn't of bought it I would be wondering what it is like.

It is worth $90 in my opinion, but as Philip said it's relative to how much $90 is worth to the individual.

I have over 200 hours on her, Great aircraft!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

She is amazing..
But if you really have to ask if a addon is worth a certain price, it's probably not for you.

(I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful, is certainly not meant that way)

I would watch some tutorial videos with it in action to see if you think its a plane you would like. If you like jetliners then I think its a safe bet. If you are neutral to jetliners then it becomes a bit more of a tough choice. It is not the 737ngx. It is very automated so it is not as hands on when flying as the 737ngx is. This is the way the real plane is as well. However, even though it is highly automated that does not mean the software is simple. Many details have been modeled and I am always learning new things about the plane. It would be an ideal choice if you are interested in doing long haul flights and works well with flight planners like pfpx for etops flights.  

Have the PMDG737 NGX and the PMDG 777. I do enjoy all aspects of FSX and love aviation in general. As for the 777 it is the most accurate aircraft ever developed for FSX. A FSX beginner could start and fly this bird but you also can go explore the depths of the systems. It's your choice.

YES, buy this bird.

I enjoy it.  I like complexity, though, so there's a part of me that dislikes it, mostly because it does all the switching and thinking for me.  Still, it's one of my favorites to date.

Every time:

"Okay, engines started.  Go reconfigure the pneumatiiiccccssssnope...done for me.  Moving on..."

Kyle Rodgers

If you like complexity and realism, the 777 won't disappoint. It's just so immersive and realistic. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have been really busy with work and life and I am now looking to purchase this beautiful looking product, here is the question

Is it worth the price of $90

If you are into realistic (ultra) long-haul airline operations with heavies, there is no better 777 than PMDG's.

It is more than worth the price if you value realism, systems depth and detail. 

It might not be worth the price if you are looking for an easy, Ctrl-E engine start type experience for some very casual after work flying with mainly enjoying exterior graphics.

Dave P. Woycek

Hello to you all,  I have not purchased the T777 as yet due to the disappointment of buying the 737NGX which ended up being patched several times plus there are those of you who are delighted with the T777 and others who have found fault with it.  If the faults exist its taking PMDG some time to rectify them, hence my dilemma.  However, all that being said, I will at some time soon, take the plunge.  Richard Welsh.