Sign in to follow this  
afraj

PMDG 777 Yes Or No

I have not purchased the T777 as yet due to the disappointment of buying the 737NGX which ended up being patched several times plus there are those of you who are delighted with the T777 and others who have found fault with it. If the faults exist its taking PMDG some time to rectify them, hence my dilemma.

Funny that you put it that way.

I wasn't a fan of the multiple hotfix, and then SP approach, either.  Then again, I wouldn't exactly call that "disappointment."  Just not my choice of words.  Frustrating to be sure.

After seeing the issues with that last approach, I think they're trying the opposite approach:

Find all of the issues and just release one SP, which ends up taking longer to get fixes for things.

Either way, it's frustrating in its own way.

Kyle Rodgers

I prefer the hot fix approach, that way you don't hold up a lengthy list for one problem that is difficult to solve. As for the 777 go for it if you can spare the cash, the bugs are small stuff that are not very noticeable and I've flown a few long flights with no problems at all.

It is definitely worth the price.

If I think of the large amount of time I spent with the T7 having great fun I must say: amazing with how little money you can have a big time...

I fly the freighter versions of the PMDG T7 exclusively: OO-TSC, D-AALA, D-ALFA which was delivered to Lufthansa just last saturday.

For all PAX flights (scheduled) I use the PMDG 737 NGX (because it is fun to simulate e.g. Ryanair's 25 minutes stopovers at european airports).

Greetings,

Claus

I bought the 737NGX late in the cycle, after it had been all patched up.

Satisfaction with that experience led me to day one purchase of the 777.

I feel PMDG has offered MORE for the money with this simulation even compared with the excellent 737NGX.

I think I will spend more time with the 777, though, once it has gone through one cycle of thorough Next Patch development.  I prefer their current approach to a hotfix approach, actually; hotfixing lots of little things can end up with you chasing your own tail, if the resolved issues are interactive in any way (fix one thing, break three others or uncover five other issues that weren't apparent until you'd debugged the original problem.  Debugging and fixing often uncovers development issues that weren't apparent prior to the process; a wholistic approach to that in a complex systems cycle is thus better).

I'm not at all disappointed with the 777 but it is a new release (actually quite stable, btw, for all its complexity), and I am running it on Windows 8 64-bit Pro (now 8.1), which is officially unsupported, so I think with some time the only issues I've run into (mainly, the temporary freezes in long flights with heavy-duty 3rd-party scenery or AI traffic not scaled back enough) will hopefully be optimized in a patch.

Plus there are a bunch of little things PMDG will resolve at that point as well; none of them seem earthshaking to me.

Steve

Hello Guys,  Thanks a lot for your views and encouragement, I was not aware of so many Philosophers in the Forum. B)      Richard Welsh.

Hello to you all,  I have not purchased the T777 as yet due to the disappointment of buying the 737NGX which ended up being patched several times plus there are those of you who are delighted with the T777 and others who have found fault with it.  If the faults exist its taking PMDG some time to rectify them, hence my dilemma.  However, all that being said, I will at some time soon, take the plunge.  Richard Welsh.

I bought the 737ngx well after it had been released and all patches were done and absolutely love it. There are a few bugs with the 777, but they seem very minor. I can't wait for fs2crew to come out with an addon for it as that will help increase the immersion, but I find the product to be very stable as is and I would recommend you purchase it now instead of waiting for minor fixes. That being said if you still didn't like the 737ngx after it was patched up then maybe this plane is not to your taste and you should pass on it. 

I have been really busy with work and life and I am now looking to purchase this beautiful looking product, here is the question

Is it worth the price of $90

I am a 737NGX pilot but for now I believe that you can understand better my signature: :rolleyes:

if you like it, you can use; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57295005/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Awesome AC. I rarely did long haul flights but now they are my preference. I even take long flights with the 737NGX where before I stayed under 2 hours. Flying at 2X and 4X is good for me and sometimes 8X over great ocean expanse. PMDG 777 used to crash frequently for me but after following advice from forums it is a rare occurence. It seems since the last NVidia drivers (331.58) update that things have been more stable with FSX. Most of the crashes I had were usually due to me stopping and messing with settings enroute which isnt a good idea. I got this as a B-day gift from my wife and havent regretted it.

:P Timothy Murphy

Hi

Believe it or not there are other add on aircraft which match the T777 and offer something a lot different. I am referring to the one shown on the banner at the bottom of post 10. I have both and find I fly the T777 a lot less than the dash 8. Partly due to time constraints and partly because I don't have to deselect a lot of my add on airports etc to ensure I don't get OOM. So my advice would be have a look at the dash 8. The other advantage is it's cheaper.

Hi

Believe it or not there are other add on aircraft which match the T777 and offer something a lot different. I am referring to the one shown on the banner at the bottom of post 10. I have both and find I fly the T777 a lot less than the dash 8. Partly due to time constraints and partly because I don't have to deselect a lot of my add on airports etc to ensure I don't get OOM. So my advice would be have a look at the dash 8. The other advantage is it's cheaper.

The dash 8 is a great plane (I haven't come close to mastering it yet). It wouldn't be used for the long hauls that a 777 has though. Also, be aware the dash 8 is very hands on and not like flying a boeing. Its a great plane but it is way way different from the 777 and the two are apples and oranges (really worth a look though if you are seriously into flight simulation). I just flew a short hop in the 777 with low fuel and after having done the same flight several times in the 737 I really noticed the sheer power of the 777 engines. I was through 10000 before I even realized it and that was on a derated takeoff/climb.  

The dash 8 is a great plane (I haven't come close to mastering it yet). It wouldn't be used for the long hauls that a 777 has though. Also, be aware the dash 8 is very hands on and not like flying a boeing. Its a great plane but it is way way different from the 777 and the two are apples and oranges (really worth a look though if you are seriously into flight simulation). I just flew a short hop in the 777 with low fuel and after having done the same flight several times in the 737 I really noticed the sheer power of the 777 engines. I was through 10000 before I even realized it and that was on a derated takeoff/climb.  

I did say it was a lot different. I didn't see much point in posting another recommendation for the T777 as there are plenty all ready on this thread. My point is that there are other add on planes of equal quality to PMDG. I could have mentioned A2A but as they are mainly warbirds and GA I thought they would be of less interest to the o.p. than the dash 8.

I have the 737NGX, 777 and Q400 in my 'fleet', and I love them all. 

In fact they make a pretty good all-round fleet with Regional flights on the Q400, Domestic on the 737, and international on the 777.

I also have the MD11, JS4100 in the fleet, alongside a Maddog MD80.

The GA fleet is rounded out with the Realair Beechcraft Duke BE60, Lancair Legacy LEG2, and A2A Cessna C172, all with the RealityXP GNS530/GNS430 Unlimited installed.

But all said, I reccon 737NGX, 777 and Q400 make a great fleet which actually compliment each other with all parts of the passenger Regular Public Transport aircraft spectrum pretty much covered.

If there was a Britten Norman Islander BN2P or BN2T (better) with a properly integrated RealityXP GNS430 in the Virtual Cockpit, then I'd literally have covered every last bit of the RPT ops I ever use. The Flight1 is locked to their own GPS which is nowhere near as good as the RXP GNS430, and the installation of the RXP into the aircraft causes some issues, and it only really works as a popup.

Not for me, I think the high price, but the main reason is not able to use in P3D.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos