Sign in to follow this  
afraj

PMDG 777 Yes Or No

Not for me, I think the high price, but the main reason is not able to use in P3D.

João Alfredo

Ah yes, I forget that reason because I only run FSX.

If you use P3D only and have uninstalled or no longer use FSX, no 777 for you.

I did say it was a lot different. I didn't see much point in posting another recommendation for the T777 as there are plenty all ready on this thread. My point is that there are other add on planes of equal quality to PMDG. I could have mentioned A2A but as they are mainly warbirds and GA I thought they would be of less interest to the o.p. than the dash 8.

I have the Q400 as well. It is also an excellent, top-notch simulation. I find its FMC a little less intuitive than those on the Boeings, but that's probably realistic, too. :)

I would wait on buying it. First off, it is too expensive, in my books. Secondly, I am going to wait to see how Prepar3D works out.  If it truly is going to be the successor to FSX (and the version 2 is looking very promising), then I'm staying away from PMDG.

Jason C CYYJ

Prepar3D v5.0 | i9-10900K 5.0 GHz (OC) | Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Rad | MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (OC) | GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Ultra | XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 2TB NVMe SSD | Corsair RM850i 850W PS | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Dell 27 inch G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor

First off, it is too expensive, in my books.

This level of fidelity is a niche within a niche. If you're not interested in the kind of detail PMDG offer then fair enough, but if you want it you'll have to pay and it's not going to get any cheaper.

Simple YES

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I would wait on buying it. First off, it is too expensive, in my books. Secondly, I am going to wait to see how Prepar3D works out.  If it truly is going to be the successor to FSX (and the version 2 is looking very promising), then I'm staying away from PMDG.

It is expensive, but if your going to use it a lot then its probably worth it. I wouldn't not buy something because of prepar3d. My feeling is I would not be moving to prepar3d for at least a year (assuming its good enough to move for) as I want to give the platform time to work out the kinks, to make sure all addons are functioning properly and so that I can adjust my hardware for best performance. I don't feel like going through the growing pains with a new platform and will wait until its fully functioning. People always think the grass is greener on the other side, but we won't know if it is until prepar3d has been out for awhile and the hype has died down and we get objective assessments/comparisons. 

It is expensive, but if your going to use it a lot then its probably worth it. I wouldn't not buy something because of prepar3d. My feeling is I would not be moving to prepar3d for at least a year (assuming its good enough to move for) as I want to give the platform time to work out the kinks, to make sure all addons are functioning properly and so that I can adjust my hardware for best performance. I don't feel like going through the growing pains with a new platform and will wait until its fully functioning. People always think the grass is greener on the other side, but we won't know if it is until prepar3d has been out for awhile and the hype has died down and we get objective assessments/comparisons. 

FSX was released in 2006.

I upgraded from FS9 to FSX in 2008.

At this time I'm not convinced that prepar3d will be such a huge leap, certainly not worth jumping on the bandwagon on day 0. I'd rather wait, let p3d get patched if required, and a community start to grow around it. Pioneering new sims isn't easy, lots of waiting for things to be made compatible, bugs to be ironed out, and new products to be released.

The main limitation with FSX on my system is the Virtual Addressing Space Out of memory errors. only 64 bit can fix this, or some very very slick coding that minimizes the use of VAS. (One way to minimize VAS usage is to use low resolution textures... so "YAY we fixed VAS by making a new addon scenery with 1 pixel per mile resolution! yay! will fix VAS, but make the sim ugly as sin!" is possible, but not a great solution.)

I'd advise buying it, it's absolutely amazing. When I saw that it was $89.99, I was very skeptical about whether it was worth it. I picked it up anyways, and I certainly do not regret it.

In my opinion, it is the best plane currently out for FSX. The graphics seem so photoreal and the sounds are top of the line. It's a fantastic simulation experience.

I'd advise buying it, it's absolutely amazing. When I saw that it was $89.99, I was very skeptical about whether it was worth it. I picked it up anyways, and I certainly do not regret it.

In my opinion, it is the best plane currently out for FSX. The graphics seem so photoreal and the sounds are top of the line. It's a fantastic simulation experience.

While I still enjoy the 737ngx more this comment did remind me that the sounds really are outstanding. I love when the engines start up.