Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

Seattle at 30cm/pixel.

And a little comparison to ORBX and MSE2.  I have more but limited to a total of 4MB.  Just a few hundred feet of the ground.  Sure MSE2 is blurred due to the lower rez count, but there's something I like about their texturing. 

Edited by fscottee

Interesting comparison, below you can see a 30cm shot from TP in the Grand Tetons. I think where TP shines though is on mountains and land textures, not always above cities unless you are flying 500+ AGL or maybe even over 2000+ AGL. The problem I have with TP is that I cannot reliably keep the textures at 30cm even when I have the area cached, it usually falls back to 60 or 1.2m unless I pause or reload. Not sure if it is my settings or my config or TP itself. I just got a new PC so I haven't optimized this one as good as my last one, even though my last one was slower I didn't use as many add-ons as I do now.

This is a 30cm shot in the Tetons, and this time my textures are fully resolved.

yvlj.jpg

Not sure if this is 30cm or 15cm.. whow knows.  Very low over Concord, CA.  It'll be a great day when computers are fast enough and space is big enough where large regions can look like this.

BTW, you should post full size images.  Hard to tell details when they are scrunched from original size.

Yah I did it because the JPEG compression was de-sharpening the image, so I resized it to match what it looked like in person. So actually my correction technique was a proper compensation to properly match was I was seeing in-game.

I notice all my full-size posted images are looking far less sharp than they do in-game, which is giving bad impressions.