Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Area 51 C-17 Globemaster and C-5 Galaxy

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Is anybody really satisfied with Area 51 C-17 Globemaster and Area 51 C-5 Galaxy? It is on sale for 50 percent off until Saturday night and I am wondering if any of you are satisfied with those planes?

Thanks for any input any of you might offer especially on frame rate impact and whether those planes are bug free or not.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

The reviews look mediocre at best. I have the Virtavia C17, which comes up regularly on sale for about US$18.  It's OK+ and seems better received than the AlphaSim version. I too would like a C5 but after looking at the reviews decided it wasn't worth the frustration

Hans Soule

I have the Virtavia C17, which comes up regularly on sale for about US$18. It's OK+ and seems better received than the AlphaSim version.

I second that, both the Area51 and the Virtavia versions are "default-ish" aircraft (in case you want PMDG level, neither will satisfy you), but the Virtavia one does seem a lot nicer, though.

Can't comment on the C-5, I was never interested in that bird, it's simply too ugly IMO :smile:

EDIT: Just noticed that flbinite said "AlphaSim", I guess that's just a typo, as Alphasim is more or less the predecessor of Vritavia unless I'm mistaken, whereas Area51 has nothing to do with them. And I'm not sure whether AlphaSim ever offered a C-17 or C-5

The reviews look mediocre at best. I have the Virtavia C17, which comes up regularly on sale for about US$18.  It's OK+ and seems better received than the AlphaSim version. I too would like a C5 but after looking at the reviews decided it wasn't worth the frustration

Yes - my typo, 'AlphaSim' should read 'Area 51'

Hans Soule

Thanks all for great help.

I have the Virtavia C17, which comes up regularly on sale for about US$18.

Flibinite,

Which retail website and when does the Virtavia C-17 go on sale for 18 bucks on regular bases??

Also I have discovered from all reviews  that Area 51 C-17 Globemaster and C-5 Galaxy will NOT NOT work with Windows 7.

Will Virtavia C-17 Globemaster work with Windows 7???

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I use have both the Area 51 C-5 and the C-17 and they both work in FSX with Windows 7 for me.. I agree with comments on them being default-ish though, but I enjoy them because they are just fun to fly when you don't feel like doing anything to complicated and they look good..

Hi Aharon, AVSIM doesn't like us to post individual vendor names in this forum so I'll respect that.  But if you look in the Bargain Shack forum http://forum.avsim.net/forum/514-the-bargain-hunters-shack/ and search for 'Virtavia', you'll see a few references to companies which have offered it on sale in the last several months- in fact, I see you posted in one of those threads about the C17, back in May. I bookmark and keep an eye on several FSX vendor and news sites - not hard to identify them -  and this plane seems to come up for sale at least three of four times a year. 

Hans Soule

Flibinite,

Opppsss I forgot about that bargain shack subforum.  LOL  Thanks  Sale three or four times a year sounds good to me but I wish it is now as I would like to fly relief aid cargo to Philippines. 

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I bought Virtavia C-17 Cargomaster III. The cockpit panels, VC, and exterior appearance of the plane are very nice but the engines and engine details are crappy.  POSKY or Skyspirit have better engine details!!!!

I believe in creating beautiful screenshots and I cannot even do that with engines' crappy details!!!

At least, I got Virtavia C-17 Cargomaster III for 60 percent off sale so I guess it is safe gamble price to pay.

I am going to figure out how to create gorgeous screenshots while not showing poor details of engines.

I am impressed with extensive cockpit panel details and all functioning buttons.

Now I hope to test it in testing flight!!!

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

One thing I would like to tell all of you. The tech support  service of Virtavia has been outstanding, impressive, and very fast!!!  Have never seen such so impressive and fast tech support service in any flight sim software!! And they are open on Thanksgiving!!  Wow

Aharon

signCopy.jpg