Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

So......... whuts up with all the service stations?

As the subject says, the number of service stations is kinda comical. Especially at night they practically leap out at you visually. Whuts up with that? Any fix coming?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Who says peak oil is here.  The USA has the lowest prices in ages and now all the petrol stations required to dispense it.

Also everyone there drives hummers, F150's F250's F350's.   If there wasnt one on every corner how would they make it to the next one?

As the subject says, the number of service stations is kinda comical. Especially at night they practically leap out at you visually. Whuts up with that? Any fix coming?

I counted over 100 gas stations in a 1 mile radius, lol....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Gas stations are the new Ikea (X-plane 9 users will get the reference).

Lol.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Some time, when you reeaaallllyyyyyyy got to go, you'll appreciate that there's a gas station nearby!

Who says peak oil is here.  The USA has the lowest prices in ages and now all the petrol stations required to dispense it.

No, probably most other countries took up the german regulations where only gas stations are allowed to open 24 hours. So they earn most of their money with food, drinks and DVDs...

No, probably most other countries took up the german regulations where only gas stations are allowed to open 24 hours. So they earn most of their money with food, drinks and DVDs...

And twin packs of strange alien chili dogs.....

Slightly grey with an unknown expiration date..............

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ok, just noticed that If I turn down the number of objects (I was using extreme) the number of lighted buildings appears to increase (or the number of unlighted ones decreases) and the number of service stations drops dramatically. 

Devons rig

it is a little bit disappointing, there is somebody for the tech, for the textures, for global landclass, and artwork.

but there seems to be nobody who orchestrate the pieces to created the immersion for all that many sim use cases...

well, new zealand pro (and more) is needed from LR...

it is a little bit disappointing, there is somebody for the tech, for the textures, for global landclass, and artwork.

but there seems to be nobody who orchestrate the pieces to created the immersion for all that many sim use cases...

well, new zealand pro (and more) is needed from LR...

I'm not really disappointed. I don't have a "Favorite" Sim so for me, its just exploration and observation. Some things good, some things not so good, some things that really should be better, and some things that are just........ puzzling.

All of it interesting.

The service stations are definitely puzzling, since they trample all over (in big muddy combat boots) the whole "plausible" thing.  :P

Devons rig

i enjoyed the ms training sessios and missions. then i used fspassengers, air hauler and others to enrich the experience. made an european tour in a twin and did some csrgo jobs with an twin otter.

when xp10 arrived with its living environment i switched overä,. but somehow it did not do the trick. the many gazoline stations are only a small detail to the lack of immersion.

xp has everything required but the composition still lacks...

i enjoyed the ms training sessios and missions. then i used fspassengers, air hauler and others to enrich the experience. made an european tour in a twin and did some csrgo jobs with an twin otter.

when xp10 arrived with its living environment i switched overä,. but somehow it did not do the trick. the many gazoline stations are only a small detail to the lack of immersion.

xp has everything required but the composition still lacks...

I think there are different types of immersion. To me, XP has always seemed more about instrument and technology immersion than anything else and that hasn't changed.

They will get around to the service stations I guess, but it might be a while. Maybe as long as XP11!  :lol:

Devons rig