Sign in to follow this  
dondormehl

Over-Clock And PMDG Installations

Hi Guys,

I am having endless issues trying to get my PMDG 744 X, 737 8/9 and T7 to activate prpoerly on my new PC.

They all install with no issues, but after activation they all exhibit similar AP anomalies like no VNAV and LNAV operation, comm failures and the T7 also adds a weird cab press fail! This all happens some time after start.

Should I de-select Over Clicking prior to installing FSX and PMDG products or doesn't it really matter?

Is there anything else I can do to make this work? I have uninstalled FSX, PMDG aircraft three times now.

These failures occur with FSX SP2 or FSX Accelleration and FSUIPC 4 Registered - no additional add-ons installed!

PC - i7 4770K. Asus Maximus Hero Z87 mobo, 32Gb Ram, nVidia GTX Titan and Samsung 500Gb SSD's.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! I have opened a ticket with PMDG Support. They advised it was a bad install - it hadn't activated properly, re-install. I have done that a few times now to no avail. I am afraid that I am now quickly using up my available re-installs!

Help please?

Don Dormehl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Let's make that "Over-clocking"!

Thanks,

That I believe has nothing to do with oc.

I'm oc-ed and have no probs.

And more with me.

I'd look at a fresh fsx install.

Hi,

I have re-installed FSX three times now and tried all the versions I have Deluxe + service packs and Gold + Acceleration!

Cheers,

Hi Don,

It may be that the registry files aren't being removed properly or something like that which is resulting in the new installation not being complete. Check your registry after install, and make sure it deletes all the files as well, Otherwise I'm not sure, I haven't come across this problem  :blink:

Cheers,

Callum

Copy that. Would it help to use reg cleaner? I also have Flight 1's registry repair tool. I am over this rubbish. It is not suppose to be this difficult! New system with serious issues.

Don Dormehl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm certainly no expert, but the advice I've read is to not install any software while overclocked.  I overclock to 4.4 Ghz for FSX only with no problems on any FSX aircraft/addons including PMDG T7 and 737NGX.  Good luck!

Ok,

So my LVL-D 767 works no issues! But all my PMDG products behave weird A/T, AP VNAV/LNAV fails both 744 and 777, T7 also has this really weird cab press failure where it just shoots of the clock!

Does this mean I have to now go and buy new PMDG aircraft (about another $200 odd ) just to get them to activate properly. Obviously there is something wrong with how their products are trying to activate on my new PC. If there was an issue with my PC then nothing would have worked properly but is only my PMDG aircraft!

Something worth mentioning is that the values allocated to PMDG products in the trusted section of the FSX config file is 2 whereas the allocated value for LVL-D is 1. Could this mean something? Or, does this simply mean I cannot fly any PMDG products?!?

Ideas?

Gents,

I have checked as recommended by PMDG the FSX DLL Trust Policy - that is exactly the way it must be. Also,checked the DLL.XML for correctness as advised by PMDG - faultless. Which brings me to the conclusion that this has to be a licensing issue. It is either that or I will have to fork out another $200 to buy these products again to install on my new computer.

Completed a flight in my LVL-D 767 from YSSY to YMML and had NO ISSUES whatsoever! Explain that to me?

Cheers,

If you can proove you paid for it and they are not pirated. Just open a support ticket at pmdg and let them help you.

Hi,

Anyone knows how I can rid my registry of any PMDG entries left behind after uninstalling. I really don't want to go the "format the whole drive" way. I have followed all their instructions but still can't get them (PMDG 777, NGX and 744 X)to activate properly. My internet connection is good so that is definitely not the culprit.

I guess I am asking what to look for and where in the registry it would be located.

Thanks in advance.

Don Dormehl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk