Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

EZDOC Install

The FSX is in (X86 ) Program under Microsoft Games. After installing EZDOC, I noticed It's not in FSX , but is in the (X86) Program outside of FSX. Is that ok or dose it HAVE to be right inside of FSX .When given the option, I've chosen FSX , but after installation  it's not in FSX. The files look simalar to this;        (X86 ) Program

( EZDOC  is here )          EZDOC

Microsoft Games

Microsoft Flight Simulator X             Thanks in advance

Yes, it installs to its own program folder. Your not supposed to install it inro the FSX root folder.

Btw, why is you FSX installed there (x86 folder) and not outside of that, like c:FSX.

Seeing all the problems you've been having, you should read one of the setuo guides like the one written by NickN so you can get setup properly.

Having FSX installed where you put it can cause problems if you dont know the way around them, which judging by a lot of your posts, I dont think you do.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just a little additional advice, since you jsut installed Ezdok: Be sure to read the manual before you run the configutation tool! When I first installed Ezdok, I didn't do this, and that ruined the program for me. After a reinstall of FSX, I just took the tiem to read throught the manual, followed the advice and now it works like a charm.

I joined a Virtual Flying Club, The Developer of that club ( the no. 1 man ) and the no. 2 man ,both with computer backgrounds have told me to set it up this way. In the beginning I had mentioned that it is a very popular belief to NOT to put FSX into the (X86 ) Program. They told me to put it in the (X86) Program. There were a couple of programs that I needed where they personally took control of my computer to make it work. They both admit, having Windows 8 is not a good thing. This will be the last time I will configure my computer this way. If this doesn't work, I'm taking it to a computer store to change the OS to Windows 7. Trust me, I would rather fly like everyone else here,lol.  By the way, thank you for the answer.