Sign in to follow this  
bbilly05

Can't even get started

Hi All,

OK, I must be doing something wrong.... I've just bought/installed Steve's DX10 Fixer, reset my Nvidia settings, kicked off the control panel and the contrast and images are all messed up (screenshot below).

Thoughts?  DX10 enabled, DX Compatible Lights on, DX10 AA off.  All sliders to default in the control panel.  I'm running an i5 4760K with EVA GeForce GTX 760.

Cheers,

Billy

10866877705_37362921ec.jpg
ultralight by markbilbrough, on Flickr

WW1294.png

That looks pretty much like using SweetFX.

Spirit

+1

Hi Billy!

Indeed:

Do You have SweetFX running?

Because this really looks as if SweetFX may be the reason why You experience this odd looks.

There is a way to fix it, so no worries!

But at first it must be clear whether or not You run SweetFX ...

Cheers, Christoph

Open up your SweetFX settings.txt and turn on SMAA :- (make the "0" after the "SING" into a "1" as below..)

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1        //[0 or 1] 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I had installed sweetfx, but FSX tended to crash whenever I switched out of full screen.

I had just renamed the dll file to disable.... But maybe this is not enough.

I'll remove all sweetfx files first and see if that fixes it, then look to try the above fix.

Cheers,
Billy

Thanks all for your help - a complete uninstall fixed it.  I'll leave SweetFX out for now and might come back to it later.

Cheers,

Billy

WW1294.png