Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

Logo lights not on during pushback and engine start

Hi,

I did some night flying with several liveries and noticed that when i am at the gate, logo lights are switched on and showing in the external model, but when i start the pushback they no longer are illuminated while the button is still in on. This is during pushback and engine start then they illuminate again.

Is this the same in real life or is it a bug?? 

never noticed this in real life.

RGS,

If you are using the COLD & DARK state then that's your problem..

A fix should be in the next service pack as stated in the bug tracking thread!

Load your aircraft from another state then change what you want and save to your like..

Read the intro manual, it mentions this in there.

Did not see that when i read the thing. 

Sorry!

the post may then be deleted

If you are using the COLD & DARK state then that's your problem..

A fix should be in the next service pack as stated in the bug tracking thread!

Load your aircraft from another state then change what you want and save to your like..

Dont use cold and dark state, saved my own start up state, how the crew would find the aircraft when they enter before the flight

I believe this is related to load shedding so non-essential electrical demands are turned off. I've had a similar situation when using panel states other than cold and dark. Once I get the engines started and engine generators come on-line, the logo light comes on. It is mentioned somewhere in the manuals but just can't remember exactly where. 

The APU or Batteries cannot supply as much power as the Engine generators (or the double-ground power connection).

As such the aircraft has about half as much power available on the APU during pushback/start as it does when engines are running, and some of that power is being used by the engine start process.

The aircraft computers have been programmed with a set of priorities. If there isn't enough power to run everything, it will start to switch some things off, in an order that allows the minimum of delay to the departing flight.

Logo lights are not essential, so they get turned off pretty early in the sequence.

IRS is essential for navigation and autopilot, and take up to 10 minutes to realign after they loose power, so that's an essential system that won't be shed.

Passenger in flight entertainment is more important than the logo light, but less important than the air conditioning and pressurization systems.

The anti-collision lights are more important than the logo lights.

Captains side flight instruments are more important than first officers side.

and so on.

Once both engines are running and the generators are on, there's more than enough electricity in the system to power everything, and all systems, even the logo light and the coffee maker will be powered.