Sign in to follow this  
golli

Fresh install, but cant get past the registration window

Good day simmers.

I just installed RC4, and got the email with the keycode.  I have put in my first and last name, but when & after I insert the Key, the registration window hangs for a few seconds and the vanishes (the program shuts itself down).

And I allways run as admin.

What to do fellas??

Thanks in advance.  Golli

Be sure when pasting in the key, there are no leading or trailing spaces (typical of win pasting) in the key code field. The cursor in that line as you move it should rest under the first character and as you get to the end right after the last character. Use the delete or backspace key as needed.

Start RC by right clicking on it and selecting run as admin. After you install we can tell you how to put that into a shortcut.

When you sent your product code in if you did not use the auto formatted e-mail, did you include any dash present in the code?

If on win 7 you'll eventually have to add some missing dlls and ocxs which were dropped from win packages. See the error 713 topic.

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

If you are not a new user but are using an old key from your previous system, you will need to get a new key. Finally, the information you sent in your key request e-mail must match what you enter into the registration dialog box.

Good day to all,

I have the same problem :

I just installed RC4, and got the email with the new keycode, but after I have inserted the Key, the registration window has hanged for a few seconds and then has shut down. Nothing had happened.

I did all the installation as an administrator (RC run on Win 7 - 64).

A few month ago, RC wath installed on a laptop and did work very well after installation. I Have now returned to a desktop (same OS, almost same architecture) and I just can't install RC 4 !

I used RC4 for years on different computers without any problems.

I tried adding all the DLL's like explained under error 713 and 75 without any result.

I have twice asked for new keys (all the same after all) without result.

I have the same problem when I try ti install under both fS9 and FSX, so I don't think the problems come from FS.

I don't see any more what I could do.

Excuse my poor English, thanks for any help,

Pierre

Did you right click on RCv4.exe and select run as admin?

Attach a screenshot of the registration screen and send it with any old and new e-mail addresses and user names to jd **at** jdtllc.com subject registration problems. (Leave out the ** symbols.)

Describe your circumstances and Win systems used.

Hello Ronzie,

I did what you asked and received a fast response from JD.

The solution was simple : I used a wrong license Nr for registration !

After correction and clean registration with the new key, everything was OK.

Than you and JD for the fast help.

Pierre