Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

Today I received an e-mail from LM releasing me from the NDA agreement when we at RAZBAM joined the Beta Test.

Today Beta 4 was released. It is the final beta before production release and we are now authorized to post pictures and talk about Prepar3D v 2.0 everywhere we want to.

The main news is that Prepar3D will be released in November. The Prepar3D website will be updated on Nov 18th.

Gotta go. I'm downloading the Beta 4 as I type this.

Awesome news! Post up some picture since you're now free to do so :)

That's great to hear, I think I will buy it to make sure my current scenery project will be 100% Prepar3d V2 compatible. 

Great News!!

Bring it on LM :Applause:

Awesome news! Post up some picture since you're now free to do so :)

I'll do so after getting Beta 4 downloaded and installed.

I want to test our Metroliner III in it.

For some more information to get us all excited, FlightBeam just stated on facebook...

"Now that some restrictions have been lifted, we can safely tell you Flightbeam has been participating with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d V2 BETA, for two reasons

1. Make P3D v2 better by providing feedback to LM
2. Make our products 100% compatible. 

First off, this needs to be said about some crazy rumors I've been reading...
The folks over at LM are closely listening to FSX customers, and by no means is P3D restricted to non-entertainment customers. I can assure you that the wild rumors about LM chasing out entertainment customers are untrue and most are unfortunately originate from folks who support the "other" simulator platform in development, which I will not mention. 

Now on to exciting things... this IS the FSX replacement. Everything said here comes from first hand experience and testing. Just from our screenshot attached, you will see several things already. Dynamic cockpit shadows, native bloom (no performance penalty), and volumetric fog. This is just the tip of the iceberg, LM has extensively optimized the engine and it runs much more efficiently than FSX. ALL your CPU cores will be used. Your GPU/Video card will finally take a beating (I know mine has). LM Engineers have also modified code to better optimize memory management, which also means less OOM. And did I already mention, its now a DirectX 11 engine?

And what better news than this: All our products are compatible now, and LM is expected to release V2 THIS MONTH. "

And if you want to see pictures from V2, they have a few posted on their facebook page!

Here is my personal concern with making the switch to V2. I'm worried that if I do, I'll miss out on a lot of the addons I've spent a good amount of money on. On top of that, I've just finished months of tweaking FSX to run great on my machine, and if I switch I'm also afraid I'll be giving that up and starting over. We'll see but this is the best news I've heard about V2 yet!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

The folks over at LM are closely listening to FSX customers, and by no means is P3D restricted to non-entertainment customers. I can assure you that the wild rumors about LM chasing out entertainment customers are untrue and most are unfortunately originate from folks who support the "other" simulator platform in development, which I will not mention. 

Interesting statement, I hope that's indeed the attitude of those who are working with P3D. 

I do certainly hope that Prepar3d will develop into a real FSX replacement, it would save me from a lot of hassle thanks to Prepa3d maintaining backward compatibility with FSX. 

The folks over at LM are closely listening to FSX customers, and by no means is P3D restricted to non-entertainment customers.

Very encouraging, though I'm not surprised - as I've mentioned before, I suspect that part of what LM wants to accomplish with this is to strengthen its ties with the consumer (= U.S. and global taxpayers, = the people who fund expensive LM hardware) community...

Speaking as one of those taxpayers, I'm ready to turn on hyperthreading, re-test my overclock, and go...

Just want to make a quick clarification to the original Facebook post. I shouldn't have used the word "entertainment", that is still technically against LM EULA, so my original post was not accurate, but rather it's intended for simulation, training and learning customers. (yes... all of you). So the original point of you not having to worry moving on to P3D is still accurate. 

Thanks!

I shouldn't have used the word "entertainment"

Thanks for the clarification - appreciated.  

Back, now, to factoring "hyperthreading=on" into my overclock....

I wish we had a vote-ban... :ph34r:

Just want to make a quick clarification to the original Facebook post. I shouldn't have used the word "entertainment", that is still technically against LM EULA, so my original post was not accurate, but rather it's intended for simulation, training and learning customers. (yes... all of you). So the original point of you not having to worry moving on to P3D is still accurate.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification! I didn't want to "jump the gun" with wrong info and result in possible backlash towards you so thanks for fixing. It's such good news I couldn't help not to share

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Awesome! I can't believe we're so close to release!

What are you waiting for? Release tons of screenshots and videos immediately!

Awesome! I can't believe we're so close to release!

What are you waiting for? Release tons of screenshots and videos immediately!

Yes, can a beta tester upload a video on youtube of v2.0 beta 4? would love to see it, definately getting this