Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

"Now that some restrictions have been lifted, we can safely tell you Flightbeam has been participating with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d V2 BETA, for two reasons
1. Make P3D v2 better by providing feedback to LM
2. Make our products 100% compatible. 

First off, this needs to be said about some crazy rumors I've been reading...
The folks over at LM are closely listening to FSX customers, and by no means is P3D restricted to non-entertainment customers. I can assure you that the wild rumors about LM chasing out entertainment customers are untrue and most are unfortunately originate from folks who support the "other" simulator platform in development, which I will not mention. 

Now on to exciting things... this IS the FSX replacement. Everything said here comes from first hand experience and testing. Just from our screenshot attached, you will see several things already. Dynamic cockpit shadows, native bloom (no performance penalty), and volumetric fog. This is just the tip of the iceberg, LM has extensively optimized the engine and it runs much more efficiently than FSX. ALL your CPU cores will be used. Your GPU/Video card will finally take a beating (I know mine has). LM Engineers have also modified code to better optimize memory management, which also means less OOM. And did I already mention, its now a DirectX 11 engine?

And what better news than this: All our products are compatible now, and LM is expected to release V2 THIS MONTH. "

This is awesome news! Learning and simulations category fits me perfectly. Ive been learning since 1986 about flying. 

Thanks for the post

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I wish we had a vote-ban... :ph34r:

You do. He won't be posting in this topic any further.

One more time folks.... Leave the EULA out of this discussion or you will be banned from the discussion entirely.

Now that we know Prepar3d will be released vey shortly could we not have a moratorium on further pointless speculation until we know just what it actually offers - technical, cost, and licencing?

Now that we know Prepar3d will be released vey shortly could we not have a moratorium on further pointless speculation until we know just what it actually offers - technical, cost, and licencing?

Agree with that sentiment.

+1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I'm not sure I see any "pointless speculation" in this thread. Everything listed (besides the few bad posts) is fact. This is actually a very informational thread, to me anyways.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Ron, from RAZBAM here

Some pics of our Helldiver in P3DV2.0...FYI with P3DV2.0 Professional Plus you get weapons (guided/unguided) FLIR systems, ECM pods, countermeasures etc (obviously all should be created by 3rd party devs), it´s going to be awesome.

helldiver_004_zps16d1ce83.jpg

helldiver_006_zps192a2512.jpg

Un edited pics

Best regards

Ron

Today I received an e-mail from LM releasing me from the NDA agreement when we at RAZBAM joined the Beta Test.

Today Beta 4 was released. It is the final beta before production release and we are now authorized to post pictures and talk about Prepar3D v 2.0 everywhere we want to.

The main news is that Prepar3D will be released in November. The Prepar3D website will be updated on Nov 18th.

Gotta go. I'm downloading the Beta 4 as I type this.

Hey would you mind sharing if your allowed to on your thoughts about its performance and differences?

Check that. They are flowing in now. 

Thanks

Edited by HighTowers

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Thanks for the screenshots! The clouds and the water look amazing.

I wonder if someone can take screenshots with bloom off and bloom on. Does it look any similar to the DX9 bloom in FSX, because I personally love that effect.

Ron, from RAZBAM here

Some pics of our Helldiver in P3DV2.0...FYI with P3DV2.0 Professional Plus you get weapons (guided/unguided) FLIR systems, ECM pods, countermeasures etc (obviously all should be created by 3rd party devs), it´s going to be awesome.

helldiver_004_zps16d1ce83.jpg

helldiver_006_zps192a2512.jpg

Un edited pics

Best regards

Ron

Holy moly! Those look fantastic Ron! How's the performance?

Un edited pics

Lighting system looks very promising.

This simulator is going to be the decisive factor between me getting a GTX770 or a GTX780 card! If it shows it can use all the potential of the latter, GTX780 here I go!

Alexis Mefano

WOW....!!! These pictures are amazing.... i hope that we´ll see better performance etc. It would be awesome if this simulator will use our high end hardware, finally...! 

Mir // Flightbeam, on 15 Nov 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

So the original point of you not having to worry moving on to P3D is still accurate.

Was never my worry ... could you clarify your statement regarding FlightBeam airports? Did you folks need to make adjustments to get your products to work, OR are they working "as is" with P3D V2?

Thanks, Rob.

EDIT: Hmmm ... come to think of it, making P3D V2 a combat simulator as well as an aircraft simulator does indeed open up a much larger audience potential ... smart thinking LM ... gotta be easier than trying to support 4 different device/OS platforms. ;)

Bloom effect is there

Performance, well, what we were handled to play with worked with DX11 vid cards only and even then, your mileage may vary.

There are lots of different set ups for either lighting, scenery, weather, traffic and graphics.

Personally, my experience was very positive, i used a 30fps target frame rate and most of the time i got within 70 to 90% of that target, BUT at the same time i used extreme settings on water, clouds, shadows (this is a shadow gallore sim) and what´s most impressive, IMHO, is virtual cockpit self shadowing.

I can say that i simply couldnt run my FSX with the settings i have in P3D V2.0

Ron