Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

Its really unfortunate PMDG is ignoring it. Boeing does nit have a PC simulator so what's the big deal. Does Microsoft ban Google from being on their OS because its in direct competition?

PMDG has always been about quality precision and realism as much as possible and now a platform improves on what fsx couldn't fulfill because of all the bugs and limitations. Now if only everyone could just shake hands and get along. Its a shame I will have to keep old decrepit fsx just to run 777 and NGX.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I won't be surprised if the Academic licence (if one exists) is going to cost $100 or more.

I've always said I'd pay dearly for a new engine that exploits modern hardware, and it appears this is what LM has done.  I just coughed up $3K for my new machine, and dropping $100 on scenery & an airplane or two--well, it seems reasonable to charge for the right core that makes it all possible.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Looking forward to this one. I am not that impressed with the screenshots so far, but I guess one would have to actually experience it as to appreciate all new stuff. The volumetric fog looks nice though as do the shadows, I am wondering whether something can be done about the night environment. In fsx I have always felt the nights are far too bright. I don't know if the new lighting system might have some effects on that?

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Actually the opposite, if little enthusiasm is shown, it will show less demand, which will drive costs up, to make up for the loss in volume, They have to be able to make up their development costs, and make a profit, so the less people buy it, the higher the price needs to be to make up the difference. The more demand a lower potential price would be needed to reach their goals. It's actually the opposite of the normal supply vs demand theory because all of the costs of the product is up front. Once in production, unlike boxed software, there is little cost other than bandwidth, needed to distribute downloadable content.

I don't think that's logical. If they see much excitement, they will increase the price because they know people will buy it. If they don't see much excitement, they'll lower the price to attract more people.

Actually the opposite, if little enthusiasm is shown, it will show less demand, which will drive costs up, to make up for the loss in volume, They have to be able to make up their development costs, and make a profit, so the less people buy it, the higher the price needs to be to make up the difference. The more demand a lower potential price would be needed to reach their goals. It's actually the opposite of the normal supply vs demand theory because all of the costs of the product is up front. Once in production, unlike boxed software, there is little cost other than bandwidth, needed to distribute downloadable content.

What you say is true from a business model. However, I have the feeling that the real money for LM is in the professional/military installations, where the service and support fees far outweigh the income received from a couple hundred Academic licenses. Couple of hundred too low? Even a thousand would yield only 50K, and I bet the Guvmint spends that much monthly on LM fees on a per-site basis.

Does anyone have any real idea of how many P3D users are out there? Based upon the "show of hands" thread, it looks like we are but a fraction of the overall AVSIM membership.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I have seen some funny stuff and pranks on AVSIM but for people to actually engage in conversation and think that a major Corp. who is about to release an upgrade of a program which is very much becoming the backbone of their simulator training is going to decide on their price points based on us AVSIM Minions typing dribble about stuff we know nothing about yet. And all of this will be done in 3 days. Now that is Priceless!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs Bob....Just wonderful!! LOL!!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have seen some funny stuff and pranks on AVSIM but for people to actually engage in conversation and think that a major Corp. who is about to release an upgrade of a program which is very much becoming the backbone of their simulator training is going to decide on their price points based on us AVSIM Minions typing dribble about stuff we know nothing about yet. And all of this will be done in 3 days. Now that is Priceless!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs Bob....Just wonderful!! LOL!!!

Agreed ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

LOL - Thanks, glad you got a laugh if it was my statement you are speaking of.

Bob

I agree. It's a classic case of enthusiasm outrunning understanding.

I agree. It's a classic case of enthusiasm outrunning understanding.

Bob's original post was a joke.

You've got to stop being such a killjoy. 

Actually, you don't have to. It would just be nice.

I totally agree. I expected a huge wave of screenshots and videos, yet I have to look everywhere to find just a few.

I believe most of the beta team are devs, and most have very little free time especially on weekends :) don't worry, much more content coming this week. The product is superb

Bob's original post was a joke.

You've got to stop being such a killjoy. 

Actually, you don't have to. It would just be nice.

Didn't you notice I wasn't replying to Bob's post but Sam's

Enthusiasm outrunning understanding?

The product is superb

Speaking of superb--did FB ever fix the motionless jetways at KSFO?   Pretty sad way to release that product, and no follow up to fix it.

Noel

Um Noel, they were never broken to be fixed...

When KSFO was made, AES was the rage and the community demanded compatibility so Mir deliberately made it that way. A newer KSFO is in the works and if I understand correctly, it will have the normal jetways, so why should he waste time *changing* a previous version. I find your sarcasm and false accusations in rather poor taste considering the quality and effort FlightBeam puts into their works. Your statement also has nothing to do with Prepar3D v2.0 in any way what so ever, so other than to entice a nasty response from Mir, I'm not sure of its purpose.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

You forgot to mention LM's involvement in training above-top-secret personnel to pilot anti-gravity craft being tested over Groom Lake with the use of P3D's new default craft, the Zeta Reticuli Sports Model saucer.

And that the folks at planet Magrathea are currently developing a full Earth scenery for LM that will be accessible for a price to all customers through a wormhole.