Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-300ER Merge Package!

Hi everyone.

Good news!

As you are probably all aware, I uploaded the POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-200ER merge a while back now, and it was very successful. Incase you haven't here's the link for it (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392445-new-poskyskyspirit-pss-boeing-777-200er-merge-packages/). 

Well... finally the time has come. I have packaged up the long awaited Boeing 777-300ER! So without further delay, i'll just present you with the list of what it contains and also the download link.

Here is the full list of FEATURES (also included in the README):

• The latest SkySpirit 777-300ER models have been used.
  • VNAV fixed. VNAV profile works better.
  • FLCH fixed. Can now use FLCH (flight level change). This now gives a more realistic result.
  • ILS: Localizer interception is much smoother than previous merges.
  • Correct thrust setting in the FDE, according to the thrust the real world engines produce.
  • Remade FDE: air file and aircraft.cfg were remade according to the 777-300ER specifications and performance.
  • Engine start up corrected – the spool up time of the engine now matches the real world aircraft spool up time.
  • EGT rise is more realistic and matches the real world aircraft.
  • Drag settings modified in the FDE – the aircraft is more slippery just like the real world aircraft.
  • Flap drag settings corrected – there are now correct drag values for each flap setting.
  • Thrust scale adjusted to match the real world aircraft for all phases of flight – takeoff, cruise and descent. The aircraft now gives correct N1 settings at each stage of flight. This was achieved by testing the aircraft with different weights and configurations against the real world data. The aircraft was then matched to this data.
  • Spoiler drag adjusted – the wing spoilers now give realistic drag.
  • Landing gear drag adjusted – the landing gear now gives realistic drag.
  • When the aircraft is light weight, it will be able to taxi at idle throttle, just like the real world aircraft.
  • Weights are according to the real world Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
  • Auto throttle works without a problem.
  • The 777’s flight characteristics match its real world counterpart, the producer has a 777 simulator type rating and so the flight dynamics are as realistic as they can be. His father is a real world 777 Captain. The merge flies very realistically.
  • The latest POSKY utility has been added to the merge (i.e. refuelling trucks, catering trucks and the pushback tug etc.). To view and use it, when flying: press “Alt” then go under “View” then “Instrument Panel” and click “posky util”. The latest animations will be shown.
  • When you load up your aircraft, all the weight will act at the centre of gravity of the aircraft.
  • The aircraft and its performance have been tested against the real aircraft using real world data i.e. Boeing 777-300ER drag graphs, engine thrust graphs etc. The merge has been made to fit that data and real flight characteristics, and match the real aircraft as close as possible.
  • 6 wing views included. From the 2D panel, press the following numbers on the number pad on the keyboard: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9.

So here you go, download and start flying! Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fghegyo33bceq9g/SkySpirit-PSS-B777-300ER-Merge.rar

Let me know how it flies! Any feedback would be appreciated  ^_^ . (Just post here).

YOU MUST OWN THE PSS 777 PACKAGE TO USE THIS MERGE. ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE MERGE IS INCLUDED IN THE README. Thanks to PSS for their panel, and SkySpirit for the Boeing 777-300ER model.

Enjoy,

Nandan

• Upvote 2

Copy. Just downloaded it and will have a look at it in a little bit. Was just curious if you intended to do the -200LR, -200, and -300 series or not.

Testing it now in a live stream, by the way.

http://www.twitch.tv/PW4056

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Okay, tried to edit my original post, but couldn't. Here was the test flight I did. Looked good. Just wondering about the descent on VNAV, probably not a good idea to use VNAV since it was having a hard time slowing down.

http://www.twitch.tv/pw4056/b/480304940

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Well... finally the time has come. I have packaged up the long awaited Boeing 777-300ER! So without further delay, i'll just present you with the list of what it contains and also the download link.

Welcome back, Nandan!  Thanks for all your work.  Will give it a try soon when I get a chance.

Just wondering about the descent on VNAV, probably not a good idea to use VNAV since it was having a hard time slowing down.

Hi, Kevin,

I tried to view your video but after waiting for quite awhile all I see is your (very nicely repainted) aircraft sitting on a taxiway.  I only have a DSL connection, supposedly up to 1.2mb/sec.

Regarding VNAV, it's probably correct - you just need to use the spoiler.  Haven't flown the PSS T7 for awhile -- are you seeing a "Drag required" message on the CDU (as you should)?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Kevin,

I tried to view your video but after waiting for quite awhile all I see is your (very nicely repainted) aircraft sitting on a taxiway.  I only have a DSL connection, supposedly up to 1.2mb/sec.

Regarding VNAV, it's probably correct - you just need to use the spoiler.  Haven't flown the PSS T7 for awhile -- are you seeing a "Drag required" message on the CDU (as you should)?

Mike

Mike, I streamed the entire flight, so it would have been 22 minutes in before you got to the descent. As for the FMC message, I only saw the drag required message a few times only because I kept popping the spoilers up to bring my speed down before the FMC message came up. I noticed that that message shows up when you're a certain number of knots above the target, so I kept popping them up before the message came up. Likewise, I retracted them before I got the speedbrakes extended message on the EICAS.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

As for the FMC message, I only saw the drag required message a few times only because I kept popping the spoilers up to bring my speed down before the FMC message came up. I noticed that that message shows up when you're a certain number of knots above the target, so I kept popping them up before the message came up. Likewise, I retracted them before I got the speedbrakes extended message on the EICAS.

Sounds like you are flying it just right!  VNAV is fine -- you just need to use the spoilers as you are.  I usually wait for the "Drag required" message and forget to unset the spoilers until it starts screeching at me.  So you are ahead of the VNAV warnings!

I just can't get your video to stream -- it sits there on the opening screen.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sounds like you are flying it just right!  VNAV is fine -- you just need to use the spoilers as you are.  I usually wait for the "Drag required" message and forget to unset the spoilers until it starts screeching at me.  So you are ahead of the VNAV warnings!

I just can't get your video to stream -- it sits there on the opening screen.

Mike

I like to try to make my descents without the use of spoilers here, so I guess my only alternative here is to start my descent sooner and use V/S rather than VNAV.

As for the stream, funny thing is, I know somebody who is able to view the stream just fine if he was watching the live stream, but if he was watching the past broadcasts (which is what you're watching actually), for some reason, it didn't work. Maybe you're having the same issue?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

I think VNAV is helpful in that it shows you where you are in your descent profile, and also is supposed to get you to the next altitude restriction on schedule.  From what I gather, there's nothing wrong with using the spoilers -- noticed them in RW use on an American Airlines 757 descent into Miami.

As for the stream, funny thing is, I know somebody who is able to view the stream just fine if he was watching the live stream, but if he was watching the past broadcasts (which is what you're watching actually), for some reason, it didn't work. Maybe you're having the same issue?

That sounds exactly right!  Frustrating.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I think VNAV is helpful in that it shows you where you are in your descent profile, and also is supposed to get you to the next altitude restriction on schedule.  From what I gather, there's nothing wrong with using the spoilers -- noticed them in RW use on an American Airlines 757 descent into Miami.

Sure, and I've seen spoilers being used on some flight as well. I've also seen flights where they didn't get used. From what I've read over the years, some pilots like to try NOT to use the spoilers on descent.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Hey AirKevin,

In real life the airplane is very "slippery" i.e. doesn't bleed off speed so well, and spoilers are often used to slow down the aircraft.

I think this is as close as we are gonna get to the real aircraft.

Regards,

Nandan

Hey AirKevin,

In real life the airplane is very "slippery" i.e. doesn't bleed off speed so well, and spoilers are often used to slow down the aircraft.

I think this is as close as we are gonna get to the real aircraft.

Copy, sir. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Thanks for your efforts on that T7.

I just made a testflight with Air Canada on the route EDDF-CYUL. Unfortunately my FS crashed shortly after touchdown. But at all the plane is flying very nice and I had no errors like bumbping, overspeed problems or problems with brakes,flaps etc. All went like it should. Also the take off was very smooth like the landing with around 150ft/min :D

Only one thing which is a bit strange:

I had following speeds and payload.

Paylod:  ca. 40500kg

V1: don't know :D

Vr: 166kt

V2: 172kt

CLB2 selec.

Take off was wonderful but during the climb I was accelerating very fast. I was very fast on more then 250kt what leads in an climb rate of 4000ft+ till VNAV engaged.

I did not have this problem with your B772 merge?!

Maybe you could have a look on that as the rest is wonderful.

PS: And maybe other views? The views over the wing are not useful when flying online and you need to look what's going on around you

Best Regards!!

Greetings Eddi :smile:

ake off was wonderful but during the climb I was accelerating very fast. I was very fast on more then 250kt what leads in an climb rate of 4000ft+ till VNAV engaged.

I did not have this problem with your B772 merge?!

Hi, Clocki,

What was the total gross weight at takeoff (including fuel)?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Question.... Can this be used for FSX ?

No, because this is a merge of the PSS payware 777 with Opensky/Skyspirit free aircraft.  The PSS 777 does not work in FSX.  The Opensky/Sky Spirit planes work fine in FSX, but you need a different panel.

There is a free panel by Greg Wilson called the JB  Panel.  It is specifically designed for Opensky/Skyspirit aircraft.  It is quite sophisticated for a free panel; it has a working FMC, VNAV, LNAV, etc.  Its main limitation is that it only uses FSX flightplans.  It doesn't have an updatable nav data set of its own.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2