Sign in to follow this  
mrmertz

FSX Reinstalled

Hi all...

Have been away from this sim for a number of years. Went to use, nope. Did a uninstall and then reinstall. It fires up fine, but UT2 doesn't appear AND at times what few planes are there disappear!

Question...running this with OS7. When I installed it from the CD's, I let it do its thing except I switched the drive to my "G" (for gaming) drive. That's it. I noticed however that FSX dumped all the files not within an FSX folder.

My path looks like this;

G>Microsoft Games

UT2 path looks like this also. NOT G>Microsoft Games>FSX.

Is this the culprit or should it matter? All the files are dumped within the Microsoft Games folder. I would think MSFSX would have created its own folder within Microsoft Games folder. Is UT2 looking for that folder and cant find it?

Yet another uninstall/reinstall in order. Thank God Rise of Flight was nowhere near this much of a headache!

Thanks (yet again).

You need to check your registry for the FSX install information..

It is possible that the uninstall did not remove the original install path from the registry.

Just in case you do not know: Do NOT install FSX in G:\\Program Files\Microsoft Games\........

If you reinstall again, just select the option at the beginning of the install to select another drive and use G:\\FSX Or a folder of your choice. Otherwise the installer will bury it in the Program Files(x86) location.

I have noticed that many of my add-ons automatically choose C:\\........pogram files\.........\flight simulator x so I must use Browse to show the correct path. So be sure to check that for each install.

Good luck

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi all...

Have been away from this sim for a number of years. Went to use, nope. Did a uninstall and then reinstall. It fires up fine, but UT2 doesn't appear AND at times what few planes are there disappear!

Question...running this with OS7. When I installed it from the CD's, I let it do its thing except I switched the drive to my "G" (for gaming) drive. That's it. I noticed however that FSX dumped all the files not within an FSX folder.

My path looks like this;

G>Microsoft Games

UT2 path looks like this also. NOT G>Microsoft Games>FSX.

Is this the culprit or should it matter? All the files are dumped within the Microsoft Games folder. I would think MSFSX would have created its own folder within Microsoft Games folder. Is UT2 looking for that folder and cant find it?

Yet another uninstall/reinstall in order. Thank God Rise of Flight was nowhere near this much of a headache!

Thanks (yet again).

FSX has only done what you asked of it.

You asked it to install to G:\ and it has, it will only do as you ask it to and it will have shown you what it was going to do before it started.

To solve this problem you must first uninstall FSX, thus removing the registry entries, or it will re-install to the same place.

Before you start again, go to your G:\ drive and create a folder called FSX.

Then, using the custom installation option, ask it to install to G:\FSX.

Regards,

Nick.

Check. Uninstalled every piece of FSX that I could find going by PMDG's sheet of uninstall/reinstall. Rebooted each time, removed all freeware and payware addons. Rechecked again and again.

Fresh install of FSX using G>FSX pathway. Then SP1, start sim, reboot. SP2, start sim reboot. Fresh install of UT2, pathway to FSX on G drive.

Now after all that UT2 traffic shows up in all its glory at he gates - but no traffic movement. No planes taxiing, no planes in sky, no one on approach. No GA aircraft. Shadows off, all sliders set to 100% in both programs.

Turn on radio stack... go to listen to ATC on ground and tower, nothing. ATIS, nothing. - no sound, just text scroll at top of screen. No in cockpit radio transmissions either way. Walking Dead syndrome.

Sure wish 777 would pick up where this high maintenance sloth left off.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Okay,

Found out FSX wanted to have sound to default, changed to optic and now have ATC sound.

But...UT2 traffic showing...yet its like there is no flight plan installed. Nothing. No inbounds, taxiing, zip. Going over to UT2 forums also...