Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

More P3D v2 Screenshots

It looks like there is gona be still quite a performance hit to use these nice new features that make it better than FSX.

Mitchell Haughee

Am I the only one who doesn't plan on switching to P3D?

I will be taking a wait and see attitude on P3D V2.  Before I switch (or more likely add) I would like to make sure that most of my prized addons can be ported over.  The hassle of maintaining two version of a flight sim is also a concern.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'll be waiting and see.

If they make another major improvement in the future will we have to pay for it also like V2.0? I know nobody has the answer to that but I was just wondering...

Anyone else find all the screenshots very dark and gloomy?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I will be taking a wait and see attitude on P3D V2.  Before I switch (or more likely add) I would like to make sure that most of my prized addons can be ported over.  The hassle of maintaining two version of a flight sim is also a concern.

You are waiting for FSL A320 and PMDG 744 V2, so it's safe to say that you won't be switching any time soon, as those will not work in P3D.

I for one will not switch.  I turned off road traffics and lower autogen for tube liner flight and the current visual with FSX for those type of flight with the add-ons looks great already.  For GA flights I use X-Plane 10.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Other companies have the decency to close the shop when things are done but RXP keeps on milking their old stuff... Shame on him/them.

While I'd rather have the product fully supported, I actually prefer that it still be available - but I certainly recommend that the buyer beware and understand what they're getting and not getting, and that includes the fact that it will not work in the current version of P3D, and I'm sure by extension 2.0.

So it's not LM faults there's not going to be any RXP products for their simulation. Maybe it's time to start looking for alternatives...

Been looking for a long time, but not finding.  Would love to see Mindstar's product become available so we can take a look and have potential alternatives, but the company met with a rather interesting response from the community.  Not sure what they're going to do now.

Bottom line for me as a GA flyer is that a quality GPS solution is a must before I can make any serious move.

Scott

You are waiting for FSL A320 and PMDG 744 V2, so it's safe to say that you won't be switching any time soon, as those will not work in P3D.

I for one will not switch. I turned off road traffics and lower autogen for tube liner flight and the current visual with FSX for those type of flight with the add-ons looks great already. For GA flights I use X-Plane 10.

Is it confirmed the FSL won't work? That's what I'm waiting for most of all

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Is it confirmed the FSL won't work? That's what I'm waiting for most of all

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I may be wrong but from what I recall they will be releasing a sort of 'standard' version and afterwards they plan to release a 'professional' version that will comply to LM's P3D. Whether it will work in P3D v2 is questionable but I see no reason why it might not.

I may be wrong but from what I recall they will be releasing a sort of 'standard' version and afterwards they plan to release a 'professional' version that will comply to LM's P3D. Whether it will work in P3D v2 is questionable but I see no reason why it might not.

No that's right

With a professional price I'm sure

I'll be waiting and see.

If they make another major improvement in the future will we have to pay for it also like V2.0? I know nobody has the answer to that but I was just wondering...

Alain - how long have you been around computers? And you still ask this question?  :)  Of course we will have to pay for a MAJOR improvement. That's the way it is. Minor improvements, service packs, point releases are usually free but any major improvement comes with a price.

Why should LM be any different? Last I heard they were a business interested in making a profit.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Im building an A320 home cockpit so will be waiting for FSL pro release, hopefully the cost is similar to Sim Avionics and AST (~$1000)

Mike,

Thanks for the link to the screenshots. Obviously a lot of people on this thread can't read. The title clearly reads More P3D V2 Screenshots yet we have people on hear discussing whether to switch or not and third party addons. Can we not please stay on topic and keep this post for those who want to see more version 2 screenshots?

Tom Kellogg

Anyone else find all the screenshots very dark and gloomy?

Yes, agree.

Maybe it's the HDR.

Hope you can turn it off completely.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.