Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

More P3D v2 Screenshots

Those that are happy with FSX should stick with FSX.

Personally, FSX lost it's luster over the past year for me. I haven't taken a flight in a month.

I haven't taken a flight in over a year, this might just get me interested again

Framerates of 25fps are perfectly fine in FSX, and they will be perfectly fine in P3D.

Nah, I need it locked 30FPS without drops, then I'm satisfied:D

The end is nigh for FSX! PMDG, Prepare yourself!

I'm already Prepar3D :lol: But thanks for the warning though :im Not Worthy:

Definitely switching! As posted in the forums, I spend waaaay too much time uninstalling, reinstalling, and tweaking than I ever do flying in FSX.

Having an up-to-the-minute flight sim involving commercial and GA traffic is overdue. No more layers upon layers of fixes and utilities just to have it run right. I will miss UT2 in the air and all of the ai traffic running around on the roads though.

If the screenshots are exactly what you'll have in game, beautiful. Now to see if the new ActiveSky coming out any time soon will fit into this. Also have tones of FSGenesis meshes.

Good timing though, as my GeForce 780ti arrives tomorrow too.

Definitely switching! As posted in the forums, I spend waaaay too much time uninstalling, reinstalling, and tweaking than I ever do flying in FSX.

Having an up-to-the-minute flight sim involving commercial and GA traffic is overdue. No more layers upon layers of fixes and utilities just to have it run right. I will miss UT2 in the air and all of the ai traffic running around on the roads though.

If the screenshots are exactly what you'll have in game, beautiful. Now to see if the new ActiveSky coming out any time soon will fit into this. Also have tones of FSGenesis meshes.

Good timing though, as my GeForce 780ti arrives tomorrow too.

780 Ti, nice ! I am thinking about buying that card ! Can you do a comparison with your old GPU and your new GPU in FSX and Xplane ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

No PMDG - NO P3D.

Some of us have repeatedly asked what the FSX (Near Maxed) vs P3D v2 (Near Maxed) performance with same hardware is like.

No one answers.

No PMDG - NO P3D.

Some of us have repeatedly asked what the FSX (Near Maxed) vs P3D v2 (Near Maxed) performance with same hardware is like.

No one answers.

I guess we will find out in a few days,  it's only been with developers, not reviewers and they seem to have been busy with only a few of them posting only a couple of videos and a few screenshots between them.

Once it gets in to our hands I am sure the information will be shared quickly.  It doesn't sound like you were going to be a day one purchaser so I am sure you can wait it out with me and everyone else :)

780 Ti, nice ! I am thinking about buying that card ! Can you do a comparison with your old GPU and your new GPU in FSX and Xplane ?

The only problem is that the Ti is a brand new card, so you're going to be paying top price for it. If you're ok with a slightly slower card, you could take advantage of the recent price drops in the other 780 cards. My new PC has an EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler, which was listed as ~$660 in mid Aug., and is now selling for $530 (at NewEgg). This is a great GPU and it is nearly as fast as the $700, 780 Ti (G3D Mark = 8291 vs. Ti = 8530, which is less than a 3% difference).  Just pointing this out.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

This weekend I upgraded from a GeForce 560 Ti to a GeForce 780 in preparation for the upcoming release. I am very happy with this change, even if the new version of P3D would not becoming because this upgrade removed my occasional black squares, stabilised my frame rates at 30 around ORBX KORS with relatively high settings, and allowed me to plug-in three screens for Nvidia surround (although at different sizes, so it's not perfect).

And on Monday, let the good times continue :-)

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Framerates of 25fps are perfectly fine in FSX, and they will be perfectly fine in P3D.

If 25 FPS is the minimum then yes, if it is the average then no, it's not acceptable, because there will be time when the frame drops below 15.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

This weekend I upgraded from a GeForce 560 Ti to a GeForce 780

As an aside, I updated from a 9800 GTX to a 660 GT about 2 months ago and never bothered to try FSX until about 3-4 weeks ago. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the difference. I cannot imagine going from a 560 to a 780 as it seems that the difference would be very minimal. 

I'm sorry, no PMDG and no FSL Concorde X = no P3D for me.

Anyway, I transfered to FSX just few years ago, if I stop to use it, I cannot justify the investment. At the other side my PC barely pushes FSX, do not have thousands of euros to invest in new one.

No PMDG - NO P3D.

No one answers.

Because it's still illegal for them to do so. The NDA hasn't been fully lifted.

As an aside, I updated from a 9800 GTX to a 660 GT about 2 months ago and never bothered to try FSX until about 3-4 weeks ago. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the difference. I cannot imagine going from a 560 to a 780 as it seems that the difference would be very minimal. 

You are talking about having three times the VRAM with a 780 compared to a 560, not to mention the 780 being better tech anyway.

That's going to make a huge difference in any game that makes efficient use of the GPU. Things like shadows, anti-aliasing levels, and resolution are heavily dependent on VRAM.

In high-end games, you'll roughly double your FPS going from a 560 to a 780. It should make a huge difference in P3D in how far you'll be able to push all those sliders to the right.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

You are talking about having three times the VRAM with a 780 compared to a 560, not to mention the 780 being better tech anyway.

That's going to make a huge difference in any game that makes efficient use of the GPU. Things like shadows, anti-aliasing levels, and resolution are heavily dependent on VRAM.

And as I said, it made a Pretty significant difference even in the current incarnation of p3d, especially in the AA departments and support for surround.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Look on the bright side. Everyone that sticks with a 560 will be able to provide a very important baseline for P3Dv2 performance.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png