Sign in to follow this  
nzeddy

Prepar3D V2 Beta Videos

People will whine about performance (and everything else for that matter) regardless of how informed they are. Realism and performence will never add up - it will always be a compromise.

Good point, but V2.0 is not free, that's the difference, when paying for something I think that's giving you the right to whine, by knowing ahead of time about what you want to know about V2.0 from beta tester that give you an idea as to what you want to do with your money, same reason I did not buy XP-10 yet...feedback.

Good point, but V2.0 is not free, that's the difference, when paying for something I think that's giving you the right to whine, by knowing ahead of time about what you want to know about V2.0 from beta tester that give you an idea as to what you want to do with your money.

Alain, did Microsoft give you a free copy of FSX just because you had (presumably) bought and paid for FS9?

In the interests of "full disclosure" I myself did receive a "free copy" of FSX as a reward for being a faithful beta tester... B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Alain, did Microsoft give you a free copy of FSX just because you had (presumably) bought and paid for FS9?

In the interests of "full disclosure" I myself did receive a "free copy" of FSX as a reward for being a faithful beta tester... B)

I'm not following you here, what does a free copy of anything as to do with my question?

I'm asking from V2.0 beta tester (the same one that their NDA was lifted) how are the performance of V2.0 compare to before, is the Nvidia Inspector 1/2 refresh Rate working in V2.0, any tearing of the image when enable....if you don't want to know before you buy I have no problem with that what so ever but I want to know, something wrong here?

Eddy,

Thanks for this video. Very, very helpful example of what P3Dv2 will be.

Alain, you must be such a joy to be around at the holiday dinner table... :lol: :rolleyes: Patience my friend.

As someone already mentioned, I'm actually hoping to eventually never need to fire up NI ever again.

Prepar3D V2 Beta: Volumetric Fog

Wow, FSGRW crew will be watering at the mouth at this video ... love how it blends with solid terrain/objects.

Hmm, just looked again at the video and compared to MSFlight fog.

MSFlight fog is way better and more performance.

More performance, but with what sort of fair judgement? The video of P3D was: 1. a beta  2. could be running on a computer that isn't powerful enough to run P3D well and record smooth video at the same time.

Brandon Filer

So far I haven't seen any videos showing settings and the fps counter...I wonder why!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So far I haven't seen any videos showing settings and the fps counter...I wonder why!

Check out Dino C.'s Facebook page. He has some eval of FPS.

While I am a fan of MS Flight, I also realize that it's a dead-end product. This is the forum for Prepar3d, by Lockheed-Martin. There is not, nor will there ever be, anything to be gained by saying MS Flight is  _______, compared to P3D.

Please let the discussions be about P3D and what it holds for the future.

Considering Ms Flight's absence of development, non-existent 3d party support,and overall death,  I can't even fathom comparing the two. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

When I see negative impressions based on a video recorded by someone else with who knows what rig and what settings, I think that something must be seriously wrong. I will refrain from saying that this is part of some countermeasure system; tempting, but I won't, I still hope that there isn't anything like that at work.

Here is what I will do instead once P3D2 is on my system: I'll set my preferences in such a  way that everything appears quite simlar to my present P3D 1.4 setup. Then I'll FLY and see. No frame counter, no numeric benchmark at all.

If it FLIES better than P3D1.4, no microstutters, no black squares, no scenery popping, I will start advancing the sliders while mantaining the fluidity I like. At that point I will judge.

If it doesn't work better than P3D 1.4 then i will say that the guys at LM have, at least momentarily, failed.

The main reason why I am hopeful is that they have balanced the processing burden, so every new generation of CPU / GPU will grant us a measurable improvement. This is fundamental, because it means that this software SCALES on both CPU and GPU, so you can have the performance you want if you spend your money wisely.

What we also said about FSX was that it didn't SCALE well at all. It is possible that the solution to THAT problem is coming out in a few days. Time will tell.

That volumetric fog looks very good from the external viewpoint later in the video, but why does it look like an ice sheet from the VC just after the plane has cleared it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was using Dxtory. Usually when recording games you'll get lower FPS etc (Fraps). I would of filmed with ShadowPlay (if it works with P3D V2) but my GTX 580 isn't compatible with it. I get more FPS and no stutters when I'm not recording.

My PC is pretty old nowadays (3 years old):

Windows7HP SP1 64bit, Asus P6T, Core i7 950 @ 3.2Ghz, EVGA GTX580, OCz Reaper 6GB DDR3, OCz 120GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, SliverStone 1000W PSU, Atwun A1-V10, CoolerMaster HAF 922

Also, this is still a beta and performance will be improved when it's released.